PDA

View Full Version : Airware America--A Rave!

Noah Barfield
11-14-2011, 12:19 AM
In an era where customer service is an exception rather than a rule, finding superb customer service is almost a shocking event! I'm glad to report that I was pleasantly "shocked" when I contacted Airware America in order to buy a positive pressure respirator. Even though it was 15 minutes past their closing time, Mike answered the phone and was extremely attentive to my questions and concerns.

I initially called Airware America in order to get a "second opinion." The price of the Trend Airshield Pro made it really appealing to me, however, it simply didn't fit (I've got a huge noggin). When I had spoken with another Trend representative, I was told to modify the band by cutting it and adding a duct tape or leather extension. That just didn't seem like a good solution, so I called Airware. Mike let me know that while it costs more, the 3M Airstream fits better and provides greater protection. However, at twice the price, the 3M was out of my budget. After some further discussion, Mike let me know that he had a couple of used 3M units for sale. He made me an amazing offer on a unit and smart charger, both under the same 90 day warranty as a new one. It was an offer too good to pass up, so I placed the order and eagerly awaited the helmet.

When it arrived, I was delighted to find that, as promised, it fit my huge head (this is kind of a big deal for me, I often have to special order hats). However, as I used it over the weekend, I noticed a buzzing / grinding sound accompanying the expected "whoosh" of the fan. I called Mike and Julie and described the sound. They agreed that it was most likely a bad bearing and mailed out a replacement fan. Two days later it arrived and is running superbly.

In short, it has been a wonderful experience dealing with Mike and Julie at Airware America. I am extraordinarily impressed by the level of their customer service and their willingness to stand behind their products!

Noah