PDA

View Full Version : objects with handles.

Kathy Moore
11-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Dee
Your layout help made perfect sense to me. Thank You
Can You explain to me how to know where the starting point is going to be on an object?
"so that you know exactly where it is going to start engraving. This is actually more important when there is a handle on a mug, but it's good practice in my opinion. "

Thanks Kathy:rolleyes:

Martin Boekers
11-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Dee
Your layout help made perfect sense to me. Thank You
Can You explain to me how to know where the starting point is going to be on an object?
"so that you know exactly where it is going to start engraving. This is actually more important when there is a handle on a mug, but it's good practice in my opinion. "

Thanks Kathy:rolleyes:

Are you using a rotary device?

Real Mercier
11-13-2011, 3:46 PM
Kathy

It is pretty straight forward. I'll assume you are using the Epilog rotary device. Also let's say your bottle is 8" high and 3" in diameter. As Dee said, in Corel the page width will be the height of your bottle and the height of the page will be the diameter x 3.14 (pi).

So for our case the page will 8" wide and 9.42" high (3 x 3.14). Next let's look at the bottle in the rotary device. The bottom of the bottle will be on the left against the bumper, on the drive wheels and the top of the bottle will be on the free wheels (height adjustable) to the right. Back to the drawing. If you type "Kathy" one inch from the left side of the drawing and let the top of "Kathy" touch the top of the page, then the laser will start firing right away and 1" from the bottom of the bottle.

If you type "Kathy" 1" from the top of the page and 2" from the left side of the page, then the laser will rotate the bottle 1" and start firing 2" from the bottom of the bottle.

Hope that helps.

Real Mercier

Kathy Moore
11-13-2011, 4:15 PM
Thank YOU!!!!!
Yes I am using a rotary attachment
I will play with this.
You guys are the BEST!!!!
Kathy

Dee Gallo
11-13-2011, 5:05 PM
Good explanation, Real, could not have said it better myself.

Kathy, once you do ONE, you will see exactly what happens and then you're set. If you set up the job and run it with the top open and red dot on, you can see where the engraving will be. I usually do this just to make sure things are going to go the way I want it, especially when doing a mug with a handle or anything in the clip... you never know when something will slip and go cockeyed on you. What I do is make a hairline box around the engraved area and run a vector setting (won't cut with the top up) so it's a fast test.

cheers, dee

Martin Boekers
11-13-2011, 5:11 PM
While we are on rotary...why does mine never return to the same spot, If I need a second pass
It is always a bit off?

Dee the red dot is great I do wine bottles and most the time they want it either above or below the label or both!
I would be crazier if not for the red dot!