PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps emblem for a vet.

John Barrios
11-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have a source for a good and reasonalby priced pattern for the Marine Corps emblem? I want to make a one with some cut outs for a marine corp vet in my church.
thanks,

Martin Boekers
11-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Are you talking cut out as in see through, or cut out as in cut the shape and raster the emblem part?

You may want to focus on the US Marine Corps one as some time they get get touchy on the the one with
the Dept of the Navy. :-)

How big are you looking for? Do you use Corel, if so what version?

You may want to add you equipment and software to your sig block as that will help in addressing questions.

Neal Schlee
11-13-2011, 1:23 PM
Here's one. CorelDraw 8

I saved as a CDVer8 using X5, must be a problem somewhere.

It's the same as Real's posted cdr.

Neal

Martin Boekers
11-13-2011, 1:33 PM
Neal, I tried opening this file in 12 & X5 it crashed the program in both and ideas?

Chuck Stone
11-13-2011, 3:12 PM
Yep .. crashed for me too.

Real Mercier
11-13-2011, 3:55 PM
See if this one works. I use Corel X3.

Real Mercier

Martin Boekers
11-13-2011, 5:15 PM
Much better, I have a variety of these, yours is pretty good I may update mine
and use the basic art but change the Dept of Navy to United States with Marines at the bottom.
Many Marines just don't like that Navy thing! :-)

John Barrios
11-13-2011, 6:53 PM
Yes, I need the one with just "United States" on the top and "Marine Corps" on the bottom. I would be interested in looking at both, raster and something that might have some internal sections cut out. I'm using corel X3.
thanks,

John Barrios
11-13-2011, 6:56 PM
Thanks Real,
This opens fine. I just need to change the Navy part. Does anyone have one with United States Marine Corps?
thanks,

Chris DeGerolamo
11-14-2011, 9:16 AM
http://www.defense.gov/multimedia/web_graphics/

I use this as often as possible.

Martin Boekers
11-14-2011, 9:55 AM
Thanks Real,
This opens fine. I just need to change the Navy part. Does anyone have one with United States Marine Corps?
thanks,

You can change this relatively easily in Corel see;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12FZtOiAWs&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12FZtOiAWs&feature=related)

There are TONS of useful videos on You Tube, plus they are FREE! :)
You can't beat that!

Just delete the text you want to remove, add a circle then fit text to path.
This is a must to learn as you will use this for many things.

Adrian Hernandez
11-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Jhon,

Here is this tirbute to the Marines let meknow what you think

Regards,
Adrian

Mike Null
11-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Adrian

That appears to be Lazerbuzz art and if so is propietary. It can't be shared.

There is no harm done if you only post a jpeg but it would be proper to give credit where due.

John Barrios
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks Adrian, this is exactly what I am looking for. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for corel file, since I am fairly new to lasers and corel draw. I would especially be interested in being able to cut out the black in the center. Do you know if this would give me the option?
thanks,

Adrian Hernandez
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I never intended to give it away. I paid for the vector and I was posting the jpeg to see if that is what he needs. Because, Laserbuzz sells the vectors in a CD and I believe he sells them separately as well.

PS. Any other questions you might have

Sincerely,
Adrian Hernandez

John Barrios
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I will check out the video. Know I have a lot to learn and very much appreciate the help and patience.
thanks,

John Barrios
11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks Chris

Adrian Hernandez
11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Jhon,

If you go to:

http://www.laserbuzz.com

you can buy the vector individualy; the last time I visit the store that was an option.

The vector is made of three layers and the black portion that you see is the background panel to glue artwork.

If you contact laserbuzz by phone he can explain to you in detail how this works he is a very nice person.

His contact info is in his website of course.

Sincerely,
Adrian

Adrian Hernandez
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
John,

I just check laserbuzz website.

You can buy the vector individually for a reasonable price check it out

Regards,

Ric Taylor
11-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Note the disclaimer at the top of the web page, premission must be granted to use that artwork.

Ric

Ross Moshinsky
11-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Note the disclaimer at the top of the web page, premission must be granted to use that artwork.

Ric

That application is not something you need to get permission for. It's like saying you need to get permission from someone to cut the outline of a state out of a piece of acrylic because they did it first.

Neil Pabia
11-21-2011, 5:51 PM
If you wish to send me your email, I will get an image out to you ASAP(which could be a few days, but I will try to be quick).

John Barrios
11-23-2011, 7:09 AM
I did purchase the laserbuzz and am very happy with the result. The ex-marine in my church was amazed. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Ric Taylor
11-23-2011, 9:23 AM
That logic escapes me. There is nothing proprietary about the shape of a state.