PDA

View Full Version : Vector Logo Image Assistance

Wayne Grecco
11-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Hello all...

You guys have been great in the past helping me with converting images to usable files. I have a customer that needs some items designed up and I need help once again getting the image into a workable file. I need this to be an image that can be used like in items such as Lazerbuzz tributes etc.. Anyone willing to help? I would be willing to pay for the design..... I would like the black background removed and just need the actual image.

THANKS!!!

Glen Monaghan
11-13-2011, 1:06 PM
First thing is to have the customer provide a CLEAN image! It looks like there is a pair of hand cuffs in lower center but maybe they are a couple of donuts? The low resolution makes the texture on the rifles is so fuzzy that I can't tell what it is supposed to look like. If the customer can't provide a usable image and you take the job anyway, then you have to interpret/recreate the design yourself and get the customer's approval that your version is acceptable. The cost of doing that may be prohibitive for some situations, unless you take a loss on your time...

-Glen

Amanda Brimm
11-13-2011, 2:09 PM
How cleaned up does it have to be? And what exact format? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Lazerbuzz. Also, is this the highest res image you have from them? Here's a quick-n-dirty try at it... I'm not happy with the teeth of the skull, but it is a pretty small fuzzy file - this should make an easy convert to vector (decide on if the inside of the guns should be black or white).

Dee Gallo
11-13-2011, 4:23 PM
You did a nice job, Amanda, considering the original image was terrible. Laserbuzz uses layers, so it would take some thought and redrawing to make this work that way. Plus the guns are so close to the edge of the shield, you'd need maybe another (bigger) shield behind it. I'd lose those nailholes...they are ugly.

cheers, dee

Wayne Grecco
11-13-2011, 4:50 PM
Dee, Glen & Amanda- Thank you for giving me your input- I realized that this image was TERRIBLE to say the least! I didnt know just how involved it might be to get it fixed up. Amanda- thank you for the try! You did great for what you had to work with.

I am in the process of having the customer see if he can get a MUCH BETTER image for me to work with.

Thanks again for all your help and input

Glen Monaghan
11-13-2011, 5:22 PM
Skull??!! Doh! I was being a bit facetious about the handcuffs/donuts, but I actually hadn't figured out that the mess under the hat was a skull...

-Glen

Dee Gallo
11-13-2011, 6:21 PM
Wayne, since your customer wants something "designed up", I recommend getting separate images of the shield, guns and then the skull/handcuffs so you can make three layers of wood. You should be able to come up with something very similar but more clear and usable.

In CorelDraw, it would not be hard to draw the shield and guns. The skull and handcuff are easy to find clipart for, so go for it! Create an original design you can be proud of. No time like the present to dive in.

cheers, dee

Amanda Brimm
11-13-2011, 6:25 PM
Interesting - now I'm curious - I'll have to look up how lasers operate. Thanks - this was a fun little challenge!

Craig Matheny
11-14-2011, 1:07 PM
Doug just sent you a PM on this