PDA

View Full Version : Steve's new Avitar

Roger Chandler
11-12-2011, 6:25 PM
Anyone besides me noticed the new pic [Steve's latest avitar]? I see a little goatee and mustache...........you know, to go along with the pony tail! ;)

That inner "R-teeeeest" is really coming to the surface, now that he has that beauty in his shop! Of course his work speaks to his status as an artist, but I am just waiting for the final addition to his persona........a beret! :D

Looking forward to the new avitar when that arrives! Steve...........you do super nice work...........you are truly an artist............the only thing that clashes with your status is that beautiful carpet you have under the beauty! :eek::eek::D

Maybe when you sell the next piece, you can purchase that white shag carpet that Baxter recommended! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)

Bill Bolen
11-12-2011, 6:35 PM
The "Keeton" influence is starting to show!:rolleyes: Might just need a touch of that beard dye for men as seen on TV.

John Keeton
11-12-2011, 6:38 PM
This is funny!! When I saw the new avatar early today, I emailed Steve about it. He sent me some pictures from an earlier time and THOSE are the ones he should share!!!!:D

Steve Schlumpf
11-12-2011, 6:47 PM
A few years ago, my Dad and I decided we should grow beards for deer season. It quickly became a 'who is whiter' contest but this was the last time I let things go as I figured I was hairy enough.

Like I told John... these photos kind of remind of me the hairy guy from The Oak Ridge Boys....

Laugh as you see fit!

212782 212783

David DeCristoforo
11-12-2011, 6:49 PM
Which one's your dad?

Roger Chandler
11-12-2011, 6:51 PM
Which one's your dad?

Exactly what I was thinkin' !!! :rolleyes::D:D

Not bad Steve..........going from redneck to coffee & croissants............geez, I'm impressed! ;)

charlie knighton
11-12-2011, 7:07 PM
all i see is the lathe, what's all the fuss

David E Keller
11-12-2011, 7:18 PM
Love the Oak Ridge look!

Bill Bulloch
11-12-2011, 7:19 PM
I think Steve had a roll in Deliverance or maybe it was his distant First Cousin. But, I know I seen that mug running around in the Louisiana bayou, bare footed and armed with a roughing gouge (or was that a Banjo?).

Doug W Swanson
11-12-2011, 9:27 PM
I thought the goatee might be for Movember....

http://us.movember.com/

Curt Fuller
11-12-2011, 9:40 PM
Man Steve, you must have been born good lookin' and just got better with time!:D:D:D

Bernie Weishapl
11-12-2011, 9:54 PM
Don't see a thing wrong with the Oak Ridge look myself. Steve I must say that is a pretty sophisticated/Arteest look. Looking good Sir.

Bill Boehme
11-13-2011, 3:53 AM
A few years ago, my Dad and I decided we should grow beards for deer season. It quickly became a 'who is whiter' contest but this was the last time I let things go as I figured I was hairy enough.

Like I told John... these photos kind of remind of me the hairy guy from The Oak Ridge Boys....

Laugh as you see fit!

212782 212783

Definitely two of the members of ZZ Top.

John Keeton
11-13-2011, 6:53 AM
I'm thinking Steve may be considering a part in the sequel to "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" - he could give Clooney a run!!! He already has the musical background, and wouldn't need to spend 3-4 hours in makeup every morning before shoot time.

Just sayin..........

Baxter Smith
11-13-2011, 9:13 AM
Figured it was just starting to get cold up there in the UP.......and after buying that lathe and the cost of fuel oil being what it is.....

Roger Chandler
11-13-2011, 1:25 PM
I'm thinking Steve may be considering a part in the sequel to "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" - he could give Clooney a run!!! He already has the musical background, and wouldn't need to spend 3-4 hours in makeup every morning before shoot time.

Just sayin..........

John...........

:D:D:D:D:D There is just no way that Steve can sing "Man of Constant Sorrows" now................not with that American Beauty sitting in his shop...............especially on that carpet of many colors.........:rolleyes: ...........He could sing "All My Dreams Have Come True." :D:D

Roland Martin
11-13-2011, 2:01 PM
Well, this is a hoot! Looking good Steve.

curtis rosche
11-13-2011, 8:53 PM
his new avatar remind me of Darrel from the show ""storage wars""

John W Dixon
11-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow Hi Ho Silver Away.........

looking good.

Jeff Fagen
11-13-2011, 11:43 PM
I too noticed the new fuzz and also thought a beret would be a nice touch to an artist's look.
Steve it's change that keeps em' interested.

Pete Jordan
11-14-2011, 9:15 AM
I too noticed the new fuzz and also thought a beret would be a nice touch to an artist's look.
Steve it's change that keeps em' interested.

I also think he needs a cigarette holder. Maybe he could make one with his new lathe.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-14-2011, 9:22 AM
He needs to turn himself a coffee cup on a pedestal, sip from it while waving his pinky finger, holding the cigarette holder in the other hand and wearing the the beret at a rakish angle. LOL...maybe learn to talk with an accent...... Oh wait...he's from the UP....

Jim Underwood
11-14-2011, 3:07 PM
Wait, wait...

You mean all I gotta do is let my hair grow long and put it in a pony tail to be able to call myself an artist?

John Keeton
11-14-2011, 4:21 PM
Wait, wait...

You mean all I gotta do is let my hair grow long and put it in a pony tail to be able to call myself an artist?Exactly!!! By the way, Jim - it is arteest!

Jim Underwood
11-14-2011, 5:24 PM
Can you say "mullet"?

That's just scary... my wife would probably cut it off in the middle of the night.
:eek: