PDA

View Full Version : logo conversion

tony mazzone
11-12-2011, 4:50 PM
Hi all,

I need the attached logo cleaned up and made into a vector by tomorrow at the latest. I emailed William at Excalibur Creations last night but I have not heard back from him. Can anyone recommend someone? It's a pretty basic logo.

Thanks,

Tony

Mike Chance in Iowa
11-12-2011, 6:33 PM
Sorry, I can't refer you to anyone, but that logo looks really bad. There are several better ones out there on the internet if you do a search.

tony mazzone
11-12-2011, 7:06 PM
Mike,

I did a search and only came up with their website. The logo was so small I couldn't get it off of there. Where did you find it?

Tony

Duane Parcells
11-12-2011, 7:09 PM
This logo is a mess and next to unusable. The ones on the internet are worse.
This was the best I could do. Might want to remove the lettering and replace212786.

Mike Chance in Iowa
11-12-2011, 7:15 PM
I saw a larger one on their facebook page in the photo section.

Dee Gallo
11-12-2011, 8:24 PM
Tony,

Here are two examples of tracing: one done by CorelDraw and because of the horrible condition of the original, you get a horrible tracing. The other is one done by hand by me just now, not a super duper job, but I will attach the file and you can fine tune it.

Oh sorry, I just uploaded the CD file and realized I forgot to save it in a lower version... if you don't have x3 I can change it.

This kind of thing should be easy, but when you have such a piece of garbage to work with, it's very difficult to get it right. I had to guess at some of it. Tell your customers in the future if a file is not acceptable and make them come up with something better or at least a piece of stationery you can scan. It would also be worth your while to spend some time practicing with CorelDraw tools so you can do these yourself. It's not hard and it goes quickly when you get the hang of it. This one took me about 10 minutes, mostly trying to figure out what it was supposed to be!

Good luck, dee

tony mazzone
11-12-2011, 8:25 PM
Not bad Duane. I'll try to clean it up a little. Thanks

tony mazzone
11-12-2011, 8:37 PM
Wow Dee. It looks great. Thanks a bunch.
I have X3. Did you get a better copy off of the facebook page Like Mike said? I must be the only person that doesn't have a facebook.

Dee Gallo
11-12-2011, 8:46 PM
No Tony, I went to their website and used GRAB to get a copy...it was not better than yours. The one on the FB page looks like the one you got from Duane. It's all stretched tall-wise. The widely differing images makes me think they don't really care too much if there is some variance in the logo... so you should be okay with anything that's close.

tony mazzone
11-12-2011, 9:00 PM
Yea. That's what I was thinking. Thanks again for the extra effort