PDA

View Full Version : Font Help !

Bob Rath
11-11-2011, 7:18 PM
I periodically make a few picture mattes for friends and family. I've created mattes with just rastered letters (which works sometimes but often I get charring and funky residue) and I've also vector cut mattes. My problem is that I struggle finding a font which vector cuts well without the center pieces dropping out of the letters (i.e the letters o,e,p, etc)and just ending up witha big hole.

Does anyone have a font that minimizes/eliminates this problem or a solution that I am missing?

Thanks, as always for your help....

Kasey Maxwell
11-11-2011, 8:33 PM
sounds like the stencil font, I think it comes with windows.

Joe Pelonio
11-11-2011, 9:31 PM
I have 4-5 stencil fonts but they are not very attractive. It's fairly easy to take whatever font you like and ''repair" those letters before cutting. Simply convert to curves, break curves apart, then add thin rectangles in the appropriate locations, and weld. On capital A for example, it will require two rectangles. One at the top and one at the bottom of the triangle. Sorry I can't demonstrate but this notebook has no graphics program on it.

Mike Chance in Iowa
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
There are a lot of stencil fonts available that will work for you. It all depends upon which style you need.

Some free & pay fonts that come to mind: Chateau, Olidia, Pezzo, Quanta, SquireD, Stencil Gothic, AG Book Stencil to name a few.

John Noell
11-12-2011, 1:07 PM
I'm with Joe. I have used some simple non-stencil fonts like Arial, and simply make a bridged set of the letters with holes (ABDOPQ). After I type put the wording I convert to curves, then replace the 'ABDOPQ's with my bridged ones. Once you have made the set of bridged letters it does not take much time to do the replacements. I've never seen a "stencil" font I liked all that much.