PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi F-1000A planer/jointer ... need jointer blade holder

mark a stephens
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi,

I have an old Hitachi F-1000A planer/jointer. Did something really stupid the other day, probably didn't torque down one jointer blade holder's bolts, blade came loose and wasted itself, the blade holder and the drive belt.

It's replacing the blade holder which is the problem. Places like toolpartsdirect.com and ereplacementparts.com list it as out of stock. I'd really hate to replace it with a standalone jointer. So I'm hoping that I can find someone with a non-functioning F-1000A and purchase the parts.

It's a long shot, but I'll never know unless I ask!

I've thought of having a machine shop replicate the holder. Not an exact copy, but something close. I have the other holder and blade. This might prove too expensive for something which may not work.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks,

mark

Michael A Oliva
04-26-2012, 9:18 PM
Any chance you found one? I just did the same thing last week. Unfortunately, the blade took a small chunk of my thumb with it. Stupidity on my part... My blade holder is still there, just bent a little. I could take it to a machine shop or something and have them straighten it, but if you found new ones somewhere that'd be better...

Thx!
Mike

Michael A Oliva
04-30-2012, 10:30 AM
I guess that's a 'no'? :(

Brad Patch
04-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Posting a picture of what you are hoping to find would get better results. Keep in mind that the jointer RPM is very high, the newly made blade holder would have to be the exact same weight to avoid vibration.