PDA

View Full Version : BAD BAD morning

Uros Sovilj
11-11-2011, 6:22 AM
When things go wrong…
This morning it will be better for me just to stay in bed and do nothing and i would save some money.
This morning i decided to do general cleaning of my machine and shop. Well machine is still not clean and shop neither, but ended with broken lens and laser tube.
I was so stupid to left tube and lens sitting on chair while i was cleaning and when you teasing your destiny , bad thing will happen 100% so it did. Result is broken tube and 50 mm lens.
I will not do anything else today since i can't afford to work anymore todayJ.

I have already ordered new stock from Shenhui and will cost me with shipping and duties and taxes around 500 USD with some spare lenses i also ordered.
I am now going to drink a glass of wine and just do nothing and hope this is it for the day.

Regards

Jiten Patel
11-11-2011, 7:30 AM
Sorry to hear that. It happens to the best of us - I managed to break a 400mm lens for my galvo when it was only 1 month old. At over £1000 each - I was not a nice person to be around, but luckily Trotec paid the cost and sent me a free one as they said it was down to lack of training. Lovely people!

Ernie Balch
11-11-2011, 7:43 AM
Too bad, I know how you feel. About 10 years ago I broke a $30,000 Argon Ion laser tube at work. That was not fun!

ernie

Rodne Gold
11-11-2011, 7:54 AM
Ouch.. A hard start to your lasering career....

Ken Shea
11-11-2011, 9:01 AM
That is a bummer Rodne, I hate that for you, I really do.
It's not always the loss of money that makes you angry as bad as that is because it is never recoverable, it's gone, profits shot for the entire day (at least) yet you'll survive, it's the idea of a fresh day, trying to do what is proper for maintaining the equipment and then pulling a stupid stunt like putting the tube on a chair.
I bet a little voice even said to you, better not put that there? :eek:
Unnecessary expense is a great teacher, you likely will not do that again.

We've all done similar, no one is innocent.

Uros Sovilj
11-11-2011, 9:10 AM
The tube broke on part where HV conector fits in glass. Do you think tube can still work?212622

Robert Tepper
11-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I broke a dovetail assembly on my cnc engraving machine 10 years ago, cost $2000 to have new part made.
It happens.
Tomorrow will be a better day.
Robert

Tony Lenkic
11-11-2011, 1:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles Uros.
Now, forget the wine and get a bottle of sljivovica. It will make you forget that broken tube.

Uros Sovilj
11-11-2011, 1:52 PM
jep. Šljivovica will be better choise. I will not only forget what happened also i will feel young and strong again.

Gary Hair
11-11-2011, 4:41 PM
jep. Šljivovica will be better choise. I will not only forget what happened also i will feel young and strong again.

That's because alcohol kills brain cells. It only kills the weak ones though, so you are left with only the strongest, that's why you feel stronger... and smarter...

ray hampton
11-11-2011, 7:39 PM
That's because alcohol kills brain cells. It only kills the weak ones though, so you are left with only the strongest, that's why you feel stronger... and smarter...
you may feel smart until you try to give up drinking

paul mott
11-12-2011, 1:27 PM
Uros,

I know exactly how you feel about that tube - my sympathy's.

Paul.