PDA

View Full Version : To all the Veterans:

Richard Jones
11-11-2011, 3:27 AM
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Richard

Roland Martin
11-11-2011, 6:25 AM
I whole-heartedly 2nd that, Richard!

Rob Cunningham
11-11-2011, 7:20 AM
Thank you to all Veterans for your service and sacrifice.

John Keeton
11-11-2011, 7:31 AM
Without the Vets, none of us would have what we enjoy today. While I never served, my three sons all did, and I am proud of each of them! Just heard there are 22 million living Vets!!!!

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-11-2011, 7:43 AM
I too offer my thanks.

Paul McGaha
11-11-2011, 7:44 AM
Thank you veterans and your families.

Glenn Clabo
11-11-2011, 8:03 AM
I am proud to say that my Dad served proudly in WWII...my son has served proudly in 3 tours in the MidEast...and 2 in Korea. I proudly served in and for the Navy for more than 38 years. I am not proud of these facts and hope that those of you keep this in mind when you walk around someone who is homeless...

Approximately 1/3 of homeless adults (one out of every three) in this country
are veterans, yet veterans represent only 11% of the civilian population. According
to the Department of Veterans Affairs the number of homeless Vietnam era
veterans exceeds the number of fatalities that occurred during the war.
The unemployment rate for veterans who have served since September 2001 was 12.1 percent in October
-- well above the comparable, non-seasonally adjusted rate of 8.5 percent for the broader population.
It’s also higher than the overall jobless rate for veterans, which was at 7.7 percent last month.
The 12.1 percent rate for October translates into 240,000 veterans of the most recent wars who were looking
for work, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Kevin Gregoire
11-11-2011, 8:23 AM
God Bless all our Veterans that are serving, have served, and those who have fallen.

Your sacrifice will never be forgotten, Thank You!

http://i55.tinypic.com/kdjv5d.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/10faull.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/15qxjys.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/ekhmhx.jpg

Bobby McCarley
11-11-2011, 9:42 AM
Today is Veterans Day, take a moment to say thank you to a past veteran or someone who is currently serving in the armed forces. They deserve our thanks and appreciation for all of their sacrifices and hardships that they endure so that we all continue to enjoy the freedoms and liberties that are so dear to us.

Thank you to all past and current Veterans.

Von Bickley
11-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote by Colin Powell:

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by
the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of
empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent
many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom
beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in
return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

Myk Rian
11-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Powerful words by Colin Powell.
I've been to Arlington. Very solemn experience.

Thanks to all that have served.

Jim Rimmer
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Powerful words by Colin Powell.
I've been to Arlington. Very solemn experience.

Thanks to all that have served.

I once visited Arlington and by chance glanced at a tombstone for a young man whose birthday was the same as mine. He graduated from high school in 1967 as I did, went into the Army and was killed in Viet Nam before Christmas of 1968. I stood transfixed at that grave and was overwhelmed by the possibility that it could have been me and that there were probably many more similar stories. God Bless Them All.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Serving in this country's military is a family tradition on both sides of our family. My father and FIL served in WWII. I served 8 years in Navy '68-'76. My wife's older brother, a US Navy pilot, flew with HAL3 in Vietnam..an attack squadron of Hueys. He was shot down several times and survives. A couple of my sisters husbands served in the US Army and in Vietnam. Our oldest son served 9 years in the US Army and fought with the 1st Infantry in Desert Storm. Our youngest son is currently serving, a 12 year US Navy veteran and is a 4th year dental student on a Navy scholarship.

To all my brothers and sisters in arms.......those before, with and after me......Thank you for your service.

Belinda Barfield
11-11-2011, 1:35 PM
Thank you.

Ron Jones near Indy
11-11-2011, 1:49 PM
A very heart felt thank you to those that have served, are serving and will serve our country.

Keith Outten
11-11-2011, 2:58 PM
You don't have to go very far to look for a veteran to thank for their service.

Click on this link (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?8397-Attention-All-Veterans&highlight=veterans) and look at the list of names of SawMill Creek Members who have served, the list is amazing. The thread is called "Attention All Veterans", it is a nineteen page list of people who have served and sacrificed.

David Helm
11-11-2011, 7:28 PM
David Helm (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000505875772) This veteran, who remembers Nov 11 as Armistice Day, remembers also when it was changed to Veterans Day. This veteran would like to go back to the original treaty that outlawed war. We would then not need to honor veterans of so many wars. This veteran would rather see veterans honored by ending all wars.

Mark Engel
11-11-2011, 7:38 PM
David Helm (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000505875772) This veteran, who remembers Nov 11 as Armistice Day, remembers also when it was changed to Veterans Day. This veteran would like to go back to the original treaty that outlawed war. We would then not need to honor veterans of so many wars. This veteran would rather see veterans honored by ending all wars.

Well said.

Mark Engel
11-11-2011, 7:40 PM
I am proud to say that my Dad served proudly in WWII...my son has served proudly in 3 tours in the MidEast...and 2 in Korea. I proudly served in and for the Navy for more than 38 years. I am not proud of these facts and hope that those of you keep this in mind when you walk around someone who is homeless...

Approximately 1/3 of homeless adults (one out of every three) in this country
are veterans, yet veterans represent only 11% of the civilian population. According
to the Department of Veterans Affairs the number of homeless Vietnam era
veterans exceeds the number of fatalities that occurred during the war.
The unemployment rate for veterans who have served since September 2001 was 12.1 percent in October
-- well above the comparable, non-seasonally adjusted rate of 8.5 percent for the broader population.
It’s also higher than the overall jobless rate for veterans, which was at 7.7 percent last month.
The 12.1 percent rate for October translates into 240,000 veterans of the most recent wars who were looking
for work, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Those statistics are a very sad state of affairs. How can we as a country allow this to happen? I don't know what the answer to this is, but someone smarter than me needs to figure it out. This can't be allowed to continue. It's just not right.

Chris Walls
11-11-2011, 8:08 PM
Veterans Day

My father and his two brothers served in the second world war, I have three brothers and the four of us have a total of 49 years and a few months in the service. My son is approaching 12 years in the national guard ,with one tour in Iraq. We salute ALL of those who served our nation in what ever capacity. Freedom is not free.

Chris