PDA

View Full Version : Vytek laser Noboot

Russell Holder
11-10-2011, 7:55 PM
Due to a brain hemorrhage on my part, I opened the lid on my 2436 F/X 35 watt Vytek laser. It was not through booting up and now is stuck. By stuck I mean it will not finish booting up. It displays the revision of the software that is on it and that is all. I have tried all the easy things, like powering down the machine and restarting it. I unplugged it and left it like that for a while and that worked. Later when I shut it down for the day and tried to restart it later that night it would not reboot. Where do I kick it?

Mike Null
11-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Russell

welcome to SMC.

Have you disconnected and reconnected all your cables?

Russell Holder
11-11-2011, 6:41 PM
I will go into the shop in the morning. It has been sitting unplugged for 2 days. All the cables including the cat 5 cable will be unhooked. I will let you know what happens. At least no magic smoke leaked out.

Russell Holder
11-12-2011, 7:58 PM
I went to the shop and hooked everything back up and Surprise! Nothing. It still won't go past the software revision numbers. I am going to call Vytec Monday morning.

Dee Gallo
11-12-2011, 8:54 PM
This kind of thing always happens on a weekend, especially if there is a holiday... Good luck!

Russell Holder
11-14-2011, 9:26 PM
I had an Electrician come out to the shop today. We went through all the basics before I called Vytek. Powered it up and it locked in the same place again. I unplugged it again and turned it on and it took off. What The Hell? I hate Computers! It worked fine for the rest of the day. I powered it down and it fired right back up. Lots of head shaking and mumbling. If I could figure out how to change it over to Mach 3, I would do it. I hugged the Electrician before I could stop myself. I my have scared him just a little. I don't know if it will start next time but, I will worry about that later. I may have to get another Electrician.

Russell Holder
11-22-2011, 6:29 AM
The Vytec is back to not rebooting. Last Friday it took 2 hours before it would start and then it ran flawlessly for the next 10 hours. For the first 2 hours I was trying to call Vytek to talk to a Tech. All the phone lines were busy to the East. I tried for 2 solid hours and never got through. If I can get a Sparky over today, we will try again.

CNC Router
35 Watt The Hell Vytec Laser
More Stuff than I care to think about

paul mott
11-22-2011, 8:31 AM
If I could figure out how to change it over to Mach 3, I would do it.

If you were to change to Mach3 you would need to do everything in GCode. This is not a problem for profile (vector) cutting but there are a lot of restrictions when it comes to raster stuff. The Mach Impact / Laser plugin still needs some work but it is getting there.

Paul.

(I use Mach 3).

Russell Holder
11-27-2011, 5:45 PM
I no longer shut down the Laser. That way I don't have to Reboot it. Not fixing the problem but, it keeps me in the game. It works great the rest of the time. I learn something everyday. I wish I kept notes. I may be learning the same thing everyday.

Paul Grothouse
11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds like your controller is not booting properly. A bad wire is often the cause for such problems. Vytek should be able to help you figure out which cable is blame. I have had similiar problems with my Universal for a couple of months, unplugging and replugging helped, but we still has issues. Replaced the right cable and we were back and buisness for good.