PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Dianman?

john banks
11-10-2011, 8:15 AM
http:// cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110724029156&category=53141&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

All looks good to me, fairly standard stuff from the looks of it, $4500 isn't bad although I noticed that Rodne's Shenhui invoice had spare tubes and optics/belts, as well as a 5000 model chiller for a similar price. The thing that caught my eye was the mention of a 3kW spindle option, does this mean the same machine could be converted to a CNC router later?

Shenhui models raved about on here are very attractive, I suppose I'm just comfortable with ebay and some degree of buyer protection from Paypal, although I've yet to test it.

Rodne Gold
11-10-2011, 8:35 AM
I have never heard of the co you mention and never seen it mentioned on any forum or in any way other than your posting... I would be real careful unless you have testimony from satisfied users *non chinese* , have investigated their certificates , seen actual pics or videos of their production facilities etc.
I went to china and visited the shenui factory and saw em being made ... I met the people I had been dealing with , apart from that , I and Vincent de klerk and a couple of others have had really good service from Shenui.. some niggles but no horror stories.
I can't guarantee you will have the same from them , all I can do is report my experiences. I was confident enough to pay all up front , even tho they wanted a 30% on order and 70% on Bill of lading. My machine was despatched at the expected time , arrived here on time and everything that was supposed to be with it was included. I had exceptional tech support and was even given upgrades at no cost a month after my machine arrived.
All I can tell you is do your homework diligently when dealing with the co you want to ...

Rodne Gold
11-10-2011, 8:38 AM
You could concievably mount a spindle , but the structure/motion system of all these lasers is no way robust enough to convert it to a useable CnC overhad type router. You would also need different control boards.
You could go the other way round , convert a CnC to a laser , but it would be very slow for engraving etc.

Rodne Gold
11-10-2011, 8:44 AM
This statement in their advert worries me BTW
WE WILL MARK THE ITEM AS GIFT, FREE SAMPLE, OR LOWEST VALUE OR TO MARK THE ITEM AS YOUR REQUEST.

Dan Hintz
11-10-2011, 9:06 AM
Their YAG looks interesting... I wonder how much they're charging...

john banks
11-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks again. Helpful advice.