PDA

View Full Version : Incra fence question

Patrick Galpin
11-08-2011, 9:18 AM
I have the 52" LS-TS system and really like it so far but ripping sheet goods is a challenge. I am thinking of extending the length of the fence to 6 or 8' to give more length to stabilize the sheet before and after it passes over the blade. What have other Incra users done to effectively deal with sheet goods?

kelly logan
11-08-2011, 9:39 AM
Extend the table not the fence. I use a couple of mag switches behind the fence if there is cast iron behind the fence. As for extending the fence itself I would not. Lets say you bent the Incra a little bit with your extension you put on then you can take it to the recycling center and get a couple bucks for the scrap aluminum because it will never be the same. If you have a roller inlet and outlet on your table saw you should not have a problem alone. If not a sheet sometimes is a two person cutting job

Heather Thompson
11-08-2011, 9:51 AM
Patrick,

I have the TSIII and really like it, but when it comes to dealing with sheet goods out comes the 2" thick styrofoam sheet and the Makita MGA5008. The track saw crowd will jump in here but I made my own cutting guides from a sheet of MDF, works great for me.

Heather

David Hawxhurst
11-08-2011, 12:40 PM
i don't cut sheet good on the table saw. i use eureka zone track with the makita 5008 saw. i like heather's idea for a home made track (guide).