PDA

View Full Version : Off to see Bill Grumbine tomorrow

Chris Lee
03-04-2005, 8:11 AM
I am heading out tomorrow morning to take a class at Bill Grumbine's. I have been wanting to take this class for a while. Looking forward to improving my skills. His video is great but I think there is something about someone being able to make sure I am doing it right and pointing out the wrong.

Chris

Tom Mullane
03-04-2005, 8:17 AM
OH ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME......
I took a course will Bill... clear your head and be ready for a flood of information... take your time and don't be afraid to ask him to show a technique over again... some of the cuts he teaches are a bit tricky.. but he will have you doing it. It is a real hands on experience...
I am seriously considering a refresher course with him.... I still have the 2 roughed out bowls we did of Ambrosia Maple, I just don't have the guts to attack them... They are too too pretty to screw up....

Karl Laustrup
03-04-2005, 8:53 AM
Hey, congrats Chris. :D :D

I don't turn yet, nor do I even have a lathe yet, but I got Bill's DVD and intend on watching it with LOML when her schedule permits a couple of hours of free time. I even mentioned about taking some personal instruction from Bill, so I will be interested in a report of your experience. :)

Chris Lee
03-04-2005, 9:00 AM
I will report back on my experience at Bill's. If he teaches half as good as his video then I should be in much better shape when the class is over.

Chris

Jeff Sudmeier
03-04-2005, 9:07 AM
Chris,

Congrats! I am sure that you will have a wonderful time... Enjoy yourself!

Harry Pye
03-04-2005, 9:18 AM
I've taken lessons from Bill. I'm sure you will have a great time. The Bill you see is just the same as the Bill in the video. He is quite patient and will work with you until you get it right. Have fun!

Martin Shupe
03-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Chris, you will have a wonderful time! Time spent with Bill is certainly put to good use. You will learn a lot; the only problem is remembering it all!

I am envious, but I do hope to get up to the Five Barns Picnic this year.

Bill is not only an exceptional teacher, but an all around great guy as well.

Be sure to report back and take some pics.

Jim Becker
03-04-2005, 10:42 AM
You'll have a great time at Bill's, Chris. My first turning experience was with him back in about, oh, 1996 or so...he's just super!

Kevin Kelly
03-04-2005, 2:24 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the great deal on the Jet; it's absolutely perfect for our needs. You are going to have a great time with Bill; it is time and money well spent. When i went last year, i asked him to show me everything he could, from log to finished bowl, and he did. He's a wonderful teacher and an extraordinary human being.

Best,
kevin kelly

Chris Lee
03-04-2005, 2:54 PM
Kevin,

It is my pleasure to know that it will be used for a program like that . I wish you all the luck in your program.

Chris