PDA

View Full Version : help needed with center mount drawer slide

Joe Cowan
11-07-2011, 1:06 PM
I am building my wife a jewelry cabinet that will fit inside our cabinets in our walk in closet (I made those for her several years ago). She wants a pull out drawer that will be taller that it is wide to accept pins that she will hang her necklaces on. It will be approx 3" wide and approx 20" tall and will form the right hand side of the jewelry unit I am going to build for her. I am trying to draw up some plans to get started with and have not gotten it down to exact yet. I was going to put a Rockler center mount drawer slide under this narrow drawer, but now see that this particular drawer slide only extends 3/4 distance. I was wondering would there be a issue with using a standard full extension drawer slide, that typically is mounted on the drawer sides, on the bottom of this narrow drawer I am building? I other words, it would be lying flat as opposed to a vertical type side mount. The unit will be approx 18" deep and I feel she will need more than 3/4 of that space for all her hanging jewelry. Any advice appreciated.