PDA

View Full Version : epilog mini problem with tube

boby satya n
11-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi,
I have Epilog mini 18 40 watt and now this Epilog no power on laser. so I can't cut anything. I call local Epilog Tech Support and they said problem on laser tube. anybody knew about price for repair Epilog laser tube 40 watt?

Thx

John Noell
11-07-2011, 1:19 PM
Best to simply call Epilog for exact price, but they quoted me on a new 45 watt tube last month:

laser tube costs $1395 + $2155 core charge

Frank Corker
11-07-2011, 4:46 PM
Does the machine power up at all? If it doesn't it will be the powerpack. If it does then it will probably be the tube, but make sure there is nothing obstructing the beam, sometimes stuff can be swirled up by the blower and might obstruct the beam. Also you need to look at where the plexiglass lid touches the top of the laser. There should be two visible magnets in the lid, when the lid is down it lifts another piece of metal and makes the contact which switches the laser on, these have been known to come out or drop out without you realising it. A way to check is to put another magnet on there and see if the laser starts. How long did you allow the laser to be switched on while you were trying this? On occassions dependent on the weather (ie very cold), the laser sometimes takes longer to warm up, if the room temperature is normal it will be fine but if it is too cold sometimes it won't fire up straight away. The next thing to check if all of these things don't do anything is to remove the side panel, inside you will find trip switches. Make sure they are ON. Also by the on off switch on mine there are another two.

boby satya n
11-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks for John Noell and Frank Corker.

I have check 2 switch on magnet, and all switch its OK. And I have check nothing stuff obstruct the beam. Now I ship this laser tube Epilog for repair.