PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Lens

Hilton Lister
11-07-2011, 3:58 AM
The lens on my LaserPro Mercury has become somewhat scratched over time and it is nearing time for replacement.
Having been quoted in the region of $700NZ for a new factory one, I am considering a chinese one as a replacement. It looks as if it would be easy enough to fabricate a holder from perspex or something similar.
I seem to recall that Rodney has successfully tried these lenses on his LaserPros. Is this correct and if so, any recommended specs? Is 10.6um the right one?
Thanks in advance.

Rodne Gold
11-07-2011, 5:18 AM
Chinese lenses work just fine , $15 -$40 a pop , just get the correct diameter and focal lengths , you may need to recalibrate your focus .. you might as well get the "imported" ones and a few different focal lengths. I got mine from Shenui laser , when i ordered my machines.

Hilton Lister
11-07-2011, 5:42 AM
Quick reply! Thanks very much Rodney.

paul mott
11-07-2011, 9:57 AM
It looks as if it would be easy enough to fabricate a holder from perspex or something similar.

If you need to make a new holder for the lens then aluminium would be preferable to acrylic. ;)

Paul.

Jiten Patel
11-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Wow that's cheap! I will give them a shout and see how expensive Galvo lens' are. They are crazy expensive over here. £700-1000 each!

Ian Franks
11-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I just bought some lens from http://www.xhlaseroptics.com/ for $33 each plus shipping. Still have to try them in the laser though.

matthew knott
11-07-2011, 1:03 PM
Carefull Jit an F Theata Scan lens (what you have) is a totally different beast! Also mounting of the lens can cause problems, it fits in an aluminium mount the screws to your scan head, if you get the right thread be very very carefull screwing it in, the lens is often put very close to the scan mirrors, screw a lens form china that has not been designed for your scan head and you might bust a mirror, or worse still bend a galvo shaft (i seen it done and the bill for repair aint cheap) Umicore in the uk make good scan lenses but again they are not cheap,

Jiten Patel
11-07-2011, 2:25 PM
Thanks for that Matthew - I have already broken one lens when screwing it into the holder - was not a happy bunny!

The holder on the scan head seems quite far away from the inner workings. The way the mount is positioned, it looks like it is very difficult if not impossible to damage the inside - but saying that, I am no expert and am probably wrong. Just out curiousity, what power Razer CO2 do you have?

matthew knott
11-07-2011, 3:03 PM
Its a 30 watt but we only have a 100mm and 150mm lens for it !

Jiten Patel
11-08-2011, 3:58 AM
Still good - what do you use it for?We have the same - but with a 250 and 400mm lens. Working on getting a 100-150 from China - increase out productivity massively!

Ian Franks
11-09-2011, 3:14 AM
I just bought some lens from http://www.xhlaseroptics.com/ for $33 each plus shipping. Still have to try them in the laser though.
We have just tried the 50mm lens and it works well so will leave it in. It seems to give a brighter beam more flashing. So will probably order a few more next year if it lasts.

Rodne Gold
11-10-2011, 3:26 AM
I think you need the "imported" lenses from china , our cheapy $15 ones get opaquish after 3 months of use or so , we have 6 of them so its no problem , but I will ask for the better ones and try em.