PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting equipment

Ron Kellison
11-06-2011, 8:45 PM
I picked some Baltic ply from my favourite wood dealer on Saturday and we started talking about equipment. He showed me a few pieces of equipment that he has acquired and indicated that he was willing to let them leave the shop for a decent price. I have no need but thought I would pass it on in case someone out there is looking for something different from the usual offerings that pop up on Kijiji or Craigslist.

He has a Marunaka single-face surfacer, a Marunaka double-sided surfacer and the sharpener that goes along with the surfacers. He demonstrated the single-face unit and I was amazed! A 3-foot knotty 2x4 went through in about 1 second and the shaving was about .002! Apparently, retail is around 80K for the 3 machines. I think he would probably let the group go for somewhere between 8K and 10K.

The other interesting machine is a Makita 2116 resaw bandsaw. It doesn't have a blade and the tension wheel is broken but otherwise it looked to be in good shape. I suspect he would take somewhere around $400 for it.

I have no vested interest in this stuff but if anyone is interested send me a PM and I'll pass on the contact information.

Regards,

Ron

David Kumm
11-06-2011, 10:30 PM
There are some Marunaka videos on you tube. Fun to watch. Dave

Rick Fisher
11-07-2011, 3:50 AM
The Bandsaw is a good deal at $400.. Its only a 16" saw but more in league with an MM-16 than an Asian 16" .. There are probably parts available no problem..