PDA

View Full Version : John Keeton 2.0

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 3:29 PM
I just got off the phone with John. He asked me to post here that he is "doing fine" and will be going home in another day or so. He sure did not sound like a guy who just had a major heart attack! He asked me to thank everyone here on SMC on his behalf for all of the good wishes and prayers and tell you all that he will be back at it in a few days.

David E Keller
11-06-2011, 3:34 PM
Thanks for the update, DD! I'm happy to hear he's feeling well!

John Fabre
11-06-2011, 3:50 PM
Good news, I miss his postings already.

Roger Chandler
11-06-2011, 3:59 PM
I sure hope they got the artery open with the stint before any major muscle damage was done to his heart........he can recover from this with the prayers of his friends and the help of his doctors.........and some lifestyle changes.............all the best to you John!

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 4:03 PM
"...before any major muscle damage was done..."

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention. John said there was little or no permanent damage!

mike ash
11-06-2011, 4:10 PM
Wow! I'm glad to hear John survived this and is on the mend. It behooves us guys about this age to pay attention to the signs and act swiftly.

Hurry back John, but concentrate on a slower pace (atleast for awhile!).

Mike Ash

Roger Chandler
11-06-2011, 4:12 PM

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention. John said there was little or no permanent damage!

Thanks for that info David........I am so relieved to hear that.........John's prognosis for a full recovery sounds very good!

Russell Eaton
11-06-2011, 4:15 PM
That is great news. Hope he gets lots of rest and a speedy recovery.

Rick Markham
11-06-2011, 4:21 PM

Wow, that's a miracle! I'm super glad to hear that!!! Super scary stuff, I'm glad the big turner in the sky is watching out for him.

Scott Hackler
11-06-2011, 4:26 PM
I just spoke with John and he IS in remarkable good spirits, considering this mornings activities! A few more days and then recovery at home. Strangely he isn't what one would think, to be a probable candidate for a heart attack. He even said that his vitals were and are always pretty good. Just proves that a checkup once in a while in worth the inconvenience.

Jim Burr
11-06-2011, 4:32 PM
Let's take this good news as a wake up call to each of us. I assist with the procedure John had on a weekly basis and see both tragic and amazing results. Simple changes can bring about great changes in our health and future wellbeing. Get that check up and if you're afraid or in denial...any of us that have come back from the dead may be able to help you over the hump.

Jack Mincey
11-06-2011, 4:38 PM
Great news David thanks for the post. I agree with Jim that it is a great idea to get a check up, especially as we get more miles on our bodies.
Again John, have a quick recovery.
Jack

Baxter Smith
11-06-2011, 4:47 PM
Thanks DD. Glad to hear that.

Allan Ferguson
11-06-2011, 4:55 PM
That is good news. I have been the first person to start care for a fair number of MIs and strokes.

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2011, 4:58 PM
Glad to see that a few folks have contacted John and he is still in good spirits! I figure he has to be worn out by now... it's been a very long day!

Thanks for the update David! If I hear anything... I'll let everyone know.

Jon McElwain
11-06-2011, 5:03 PM
Thanks for the update David. John, my family and I will keep you in our prayers for your continued recovery.

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 5:07 PM
"Glad to see that a few folks have contacted John and he is still in good spirits! I figure he has to be worn out by now..."

Actually, it was not my intention to attempt to contact John directly. I called the hospital to see about getting an address and room number to send a card or flowers or something. The lady who answered the phone said "Let me connect you with the CCU" (or something like that). Then another lady came on the line and I asked her for the same information. She said "Just a moment..." and then there was a click on the line and a man's voice came on. I asked "Who's this?" and the voice said "Who's this?" I said "This is David DeCristoforo" and the voice said "Well this is John Keeton". So there we were!

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2011, 5:16 PM
ROFLOL.... that's Classic!! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
11-06-2011, 5:18 PM
Glad to know he is doing ok. Mary Ann and I were going to call him and Eileen but figured he would be tired and wore out.

Tony De Masi
11-06-2011, 8:03 PM
Thanks for the updates gentlemen. Good to know he is on his way to recovery.

Betty Fox
11-06-2011, 8:11 PM
Good to know John is on the mend. You only got one heart. :)

charlie knighton
11-06-2011, 8:16 PM
best wishes to John, thanks for updates

David Gilbert
11-06-2011, 8:19 PM
Thanks to everyone for the updates.

I want to extend my best wishes to John for a speedy recovery. I know that we appreciate his moderating effects on all of us as well as his artistic skill and enthusiasm.

Cheers,
David

Roland Martin
11-06-2011, 8:43 PM
Thanks for the updates, my thoughts and prayers are with John and family.

Thom Sturgill
11-06-2011, 9:50 PM
When I had my Heart attack 15yrs ago, they waited a week to 'stabilize' you and THAT is when the major damage occurs. now they operate immediately and prevent the worst of the damage. Hopefully he will not experience what i go through.

David Reed
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the good news update

Bill Bolen
11-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the update DD....good news like that is always a joy to get!