PDA

View Full Version : John Keeton !!!

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Just got off the phone with John Keeton. He woke up this morning around 3 a.m. with chest pains.. so got up. Pain didn't go away after an hour so he woke his wife, Eileen, and they went to the hospital. He had experienced a massive heart attack - John called it the 'widow maker' and survived. They found he had 100% blockage in one artery and partial blockages in other. They cleaned that out and inserted 2 stints.

John says he feels great, no pain but will probably be in the hospital for another couple of days. All I know at this point is that he is in St. Joe hospital in Lexington and expects to be there for another couple of days.

Just wanted to let everyone know. I will add info when I find out more.

Gary Herrmann
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear John feels better. He'll be in my prayers.

Ron Bontz
11-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Surviving the "widow maker" is certainly a feat in and of itself. Glad to hear he is doing well and wish him a speedy recovery.

Curt Fuller
11-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks for letting us know Steve. I'm hoping for the best for him.

Peter Elliott
11-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Wow! Glad he made the right choice and goto the ER. I run these symptoms everyday at work, not good! Speedy recovery John! If you ever have the same symptoms, pop 1 real aspirin and get to the ER ASAP.

Scott Hackler
11-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Holy COW! I am sure glad he's OK and knew to go to the hospital. I will have to give him a call. Thanks for letting us know.

Allan Ferguson
11-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Don't wait, call ambulance. Time is critical to saving heart muscle.

Nate Davey
11-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Joy and my prayers are with you and your wife John.

John Beaver
11-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Man, that's scary. Glad you're alright John. Too much wood left in the world for these things to happen yet.
Rest up and take good care of yourself !!!

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 11:43 AM
When I saw this post, with the three exclamation points, I was expecting some great news about John selling a piece of getting some great recognition. I was stunned when I read it and relieved to hear that he is going to pull through. John will certainly benefit from the huge amount of good will he has "in the bank". I am a firm believer in the healing power of positive energy and there will be a lot of that heading John's way. I'm so glad that you are close, Steve, and able to stay in touch with him and keep us posted on his progress.

BTW, did anyone thing to take him his lathe?

Hayes Rutherford
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up Steve. Good to hear he is doing O.K. and on to a quick recovery.

Ted Calver
11-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Steve,
Thanks for letting us know and please give John our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dick Wilson
11-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Dang, this is terrible news:eek:!!!! I just met John at the Ohio symposium and a friendlier gentleman you will never meet. I am real happy to hear that he got to the hospital in time and he is doing much better. He is exactly were he needs to be. 100% blockage is as bad as it gets. Being a southern boy I suspect he will not like the diet they put him on. My sincere hopes and prayers go out to John, his wife and family for a full recovery. Man, this is awlful.

mickey cassiba
11-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Close call there...Please relay our best wishes to him and his family.
Mickey and Charlotte

Marty Eargle
11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Glad to hear he did the smart thing and went to the ER! My sincerest well wishes to Mr. Keeton...I'll be sure to keep his load of Claro safe while he's on the mends. :)

Shawn Pixley
11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Very scary! Give John our best. We wish him a speedy recovery.

bob svoboda
11-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers to John and his family. Thanks for letting us know, Steve.

Ron Radliff
11-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm a frequent viewer of this forum, but a first time poster.
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. He'll be in my thoughts.

Bill Bolen
11-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Hard news to hear but with a great ending! Went through it a few years ago myself and it is a scary thing which will lead to some good life style changes. Heal quickly my friend.

Reed Gray
11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Any one think this will slow him down a bit? Well, maybe for a few days. Heal quickly John!

robo hippy

Russell Eaton
11-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Glad he went to the hospital. Speedy recovery John, we are praying for you.

Pete Jordan
11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Take care buddy!

My prayers are with you!

Kevin Lucas
11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
It may slow him down for about a month depending on the meds he takes home. They made me dizzy for a while. I had mine 2 years ago (I blamed heartburn and my wife's Taco Soup). They had to replace the 2 stents once because one moved and the other had scar tissue but it was easily done. The worst part is I keep pricking my fingers and have to sand it out of the turnings ) Feel better soon and take it nice and easy for a bit John.

Kathy Marshall
11-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for letting us know Steve! Very glad to hear he is on the mend, hoping for a speedy recovery! Look forward to seeing him back to posting and turning and best wishes to him and his wife.

Doug W Swanson
11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Wow! That's scary! Glad to hear John got the help when he needed it most....
Best wishes to John and his family....

Alan Zenreich
11-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Like Dick, I got to meet and enjoyed spending time with John at the Ohio Symposium.

I'm so glad they acted quickly, and that John is apparently on the mend.

This is yet another reminder to count your blessings, because things can turn really bad... in a heartbeat.

Jim Adkins
11-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks Steve for the notice. Good luck to John and his better-half. Hopefully a speedy recovery
with rest and good thoughts for you and Mrs. Keeton.

Steve Kennedy
11-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Best wishes to John, for a speedy and complete recovery.

Steve bellinger
11-06-2011, 12:50 PM
John i also want to send my prayers your way. God speed on your recovery.

Marc Himes
11-06-2011, 1:05 PM
Prayers and good wishes to the Keetons. Thanks for the post, Steve.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2011, 1:06 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to John and his family.

When you get home, follow the doctor's orders John! Take care my friend.

Benjamin Dahl
11-06-2011, 1:19 PM
Steve, thanks for the update and glad to know that John is alright.

Roger Chandler
11-06-2011, 1:21 PM
John is on our hearts and in our prayers............this is two people in my circle this week with the same thing! Do not ignore your body...................you only have one!

alex grams
11-06-2011, 1:26 PM
Thoughts and prayers for him and his family. Glad he made it through, and here is to a speedy recovery and a little less fried chicken in his future.

John Fabre
11-06-2011, 1:38 PM
Get well soon John, thanks for posting Steve.

Jack Mincey
11-06-2011, 1:42 PM
John, may you have a complete and speedy recovery.
Take Care,
Jack

Greg Just
11-06-2011, 1:44 PM
Thanks for the info Steve. Speedy recovery John.

David Warkentin
11-06-2011, 1:55 PM
Praying for y'all. Get well soon!!!

Faust M. Ruggiero
11-06-2011, 2:09 PM
Bad scenario, great outcome. Christopher Columbus said, "A good path to living to an old age is to contract a life threatening disease and nurse yourself daily to stay in good health. Next month is 11th anniversary of my heart attack. I remember it like it was yesterday and life hasn't been the same since. It's been better as it will be for John. Aside from the fear every time I eat the wrong thing and get gas pains, I make sure I enjoy every minute. I am sure John will do the same. My walking buddy is a retired State cop in perfect shape and ate the right diet. His heart attack was a widow maker that he survived. Now when we walk, it is with more purpose.
Welcome to the group of us who are annuities for our doctors. Sorry this happened, John, but you're going to live long enough to be a "dirty old man" if you so desire.
My wishes for a fast recovery and my thanks to "The Big Guy" that he wasn't ready for you just yet.
Faust

Jim Burr
11-06-2011, 2:11 PM
Glad to hear it Steve! Nice to know God gave him some more time!! He and I spent many early mornings chatting during my cancer fight.

Gary Max
11-06-2011, 2:16 PM
Heck of a way to spend a Sunday----wish you a fast recovery.

Tony De Masi
11-06-2011, 2:42 PM
Here is to a speedy recovery my friend. And please be a very compliant patient, it will serve you well.

Good thoughts and many prayers being sent your way.

Harvey M. Taylor
11-06-2011, 2:50 PM
Talk about a bolt out of the blue!!!! Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, Max

Roger Wilson
11-06-2011, 3:12 PM
Pass on my wish for a quick recovery.

ray hampton
11-06-2011, 3:20 PM
get well soon JOHN , best wishes for your family

David E Keller
11-06-2011, 3:33 PM
I'm shocked to hear this, but I couldn't be happier that things are on the mend. Best wishes to John and his better half for a speedy and complete recovery!

FWIW, on the 'listen to your doctors' thing, don't do everything they tell you to... It'll just freak them out if you're 100% compliant!:eek::D Get well!

Greg Bender
11-06-2011, 3:55 PM
When you read a sentence with the words Heart Attack and Widow Maker in it you don't want to read to the end but I was sure glad to see that John got to the hospital quickly and the prognosis is looking up. It can happen to any of us and we all hope we make out as well as Mr Keeton. Our prayers are coming at you for a speedy recovery and a quick return to Turning.
Greg

Rick Markham
11-06-2011, 4:12 PM
Wow, Holy Cow! I sure am glad to hear he is allright. Good thing he is a smart cookie and went to the hospital. John, I'm sending prayers to you and your family!

Tom Winship
11-06-2011, 4:17 PM
I just got to know Steve after I started turning this summer. He has helped me learn so much. May God heal him and he will live to a ripe old age.

George Guadiane
11-06-2011, 4:28 PM
Quick and COMPLETE Recovery John

(thanks for letting us know Steve)

Paul Heely
11-06-2011, 4:29 PM
Good luck on your recovery John. Hope it's quick and you are back to full strength soon.

Mitchell Carroll
11-06-2011, 4:36 PM
Wishing the best for John and his family

Baxter Smith
11-06-2011, 4:46 PM
Thanks Steve, though its not even close to what I was expecting to read. Sure puts woodturning in perspective. Glad you are doing well John. Wishing you and Eileen all the best!

Bernie Weishapl
11-06-2011, 5:15 PM
Wow just got on. I just talked with John yesterday and we talked about him hunting this weekend. Guess that will have to pass. John you are in our thoughts and prayers. Mary Ann said to say hello and glad that it has all gone well. She said to tell Eileen she is thinking about her.

Don Alexander
11-06-2011, 5:24 PM
best wishes for a speedy recovery, John !! glad you got help in time

Dick Mahany
11-06-2011, 5:29 PM
John,

Looks like you dodged a bullet, narrowly. Best wishes and I hope you have a thorough and speedy recovery !!

Dick

Keith E Byrd
11-06-2011, 5:39 PM
Thanks for the update. My prayers for a speedy recovery!

Josh Bowman
11-06-2011, 5:48 PM
Gosh! Glad he's feeling better. Our prayers are with him.

Chris Stolicky
11-06-2011, 5:50 PM
Glad John is okay. Thanks for letting us know.

Richard Kennedy UK
11-06-2011, 5:53 PM
Wow Scary! Please pass on my best wishes I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Jon Nuckles
11-06-2011, 6:02 PM
Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery and many more years of turning.

Dan Hintz
11-06-2011, 6:06 PM
When I saw this post, with the three exclamation points, I was expecting some great news about John selling a piece of getting some great recognition.
I thought the same thing, but it was him selling a piece of equipment for a good price.

But that's not the way I want to get a good deal on equipment.

Feel/Get better, John.

Fred Belknap
11-06-2011, 6:30 PM
Get well John, we need you.:):)

Alan Trout
11-06-2011, 6:33 PM
Am am glad he is doing OK. Sending prayers his way.

Alan

John W Dixon
11-06-2011, 6:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

John Keeton
11-06-2011, 6:38 PM
Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers. I seem to be doing well, with little damage - but will know more about that tomorrow I suspect. I had Ms Keeton bring over her computer so I could respond. But, I won't be posting much until I am home, so I am leaving the creek in good hands.

Thanks DD and Scott for the phone calls - they meant a lot!

Dennis Ford
11-06-2011, 6:44 PM
I am glad John is doing so well. Saw that he had posted here, that has got to be a good sign.

Joe Watson
11-06-2011, 6:46 PM
Hope your back on your feet soon, best of luck to you and your wife.

Lee Koepke
11-06-2011, 6:46 PM
So glad you are doing better! Thats a good thing it did little damage. Do take care of yourself!

John M. Smith
11-06-2011, 6:47 PM
Glad to here you are doing well. I never would have guessed this would happen to you after meeting you in Ohio. Speedy recover, and my prayers are with you.

Ed Morgano
11-06-2011, 6:50 PM
Thank God you're ok John. That is scarry news. We would ALL be lost without you so plan on sticking around big fella. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

john snowdon
11-06-2011, 6:53 PM
The skill and artistry that John shares with us is one of the reasons I want to be a turner. From what I've read, he's even a better person than craftsman. Best of luck and have a speedy recovery! Glad you paid attention and had a good doc.

Randy Moore
11-06-2011, 6:54 PM
I don't do a lot of posting here just reading 99% of the posts.
I, too thought John had a major project he was about to embark on. Well I guess he does have one but not the woodworking type.
John, you apy close attention to what the Drs tell you to do. You are much needed here in the Creek.
Prays are headed you direction and let us know if you need anything and I am sure it will be done, if possible.

Bob Bergstrom
11-06-2011, 6:56 PM
Must have had some great collateral arteries. Some of the other arteries must have been clear enough to provide an over lapping circulation. Thank goodness you survived and will recover. I have three stents and feel better now than when I got them 7 years ago. Hope for a great recovery and back to turning soon. Looks like you may have to buy spend some time watching turning videos looking at catalogs and dreaming of the next great turning. Will keep you in my prayers and hope to see you on line soon.

BILL DONAHUE
11-06-2011, 8:08 PM
Best wishes to you, John. Sometimes a wake up call is all one needs to make it to a long healthful life. You'll now probably outlast all of us.

dean griffith
11-06-2011, 8:14 PM
John,Glad you pulled through. My prayers will be with you. Thanks Steve for the update. Keep us posted.

Mark Hubl
11-06-2011, 8:30 PM
Wow, scary news. Glad to hear you are doing better and on your way to recovery John. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thanks Steve for letting us know.

Jack Tyree
11-06-2011, 8:34 PM
Thanks for the update, glad to know your all right John. Get well soon. We all need your inspirations!

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2011, 8:41 PM
Just got off the phone with John... he is exhausted and going to try and get some sleep but is a little apprehensive about the waking up part! He appreciates all the posts of support and looks forward to getting home soon!

To me, John sounded good, tired but good. I am hoping that getting a good nights rest will help with his overall condition as it has been an extremely long day for him and Eileen! So, if you have any intentions of calling John, PLEASE, wait until tomorrow. The boy needs time to heal!

Cody Colston
11-06-2011, 8:45 PM
Glad to hear you are recovering, John. A MI is a scary thing.

I had a triple by-pass in May 2001. I was at work offshore and my left elbow kept hurting off and on. I had laid a patio on my days off and thought I strained it. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and went in to see a doctor. After an Angiogram I went home to Tyler and had the surgery done. I never actually had a heart attack, though, so no muscle damage.

Oh yeah, I am 6'-1" tall and only weighed 158 lbs then. The nurses were amazed that someone so skinny had heart disease. My cardiologist said it was mostly genetics since I had a family history of heart problems. The surgeon told me that even if I had never smoked, eaten correctly and exercised faithfully my entire life that I would have still had heart disease because it was in my genes. He said that it possibly would have been delayed for ten years but that I would still have suffered from it.

Lesson: If you have a family history of heart disease, you better get regular check-ups. It's not called the "silent killer" for nothing.

Sid Matheny
11-06-2011, 8:54 PM
Thanks Steve and my best to John. Hard to think of him posting after what happened to him today.

Sid

Prashun Patel
11-06-2011, 9:17 PM
My thoughts are with you, John. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health from here!!!

Thom Sturgill
11-06-2011, 9:47 PM
I am a 15yr surviver of the 'Widow Maker'. I tell a story on myself - I was alone at the college working on a server Saturday after Thanksgiving when the pain hit. I lived three miles from the college and drove myself home - right past the hospital!!! I was in denial by that point. I got home and took a zantac for my 'indigestion' and immediately threw it back up - and that saved my life because then I knew it was the heart and my wife drove me to the hospital. They told me if i had waited, it would have been too late.

Lupe Duncan
11-06-2011, 9:47 PM
Glad to hear it didn't get the better of John. Our prayers are with you and your family. Get well soon. And back to turnin.

cal thelen
11-06-2011, 10:33 PM
steve thanks for the updates thoughts and prayers go to john and his family

David Reed
11-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow - not at all what I expected to see posted here, but am grateful for the good news with the outcome. Wishing him and Mrs K all the best and a speedy complete recovery. They will be in my prayers.

Joe Adams
11-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I've been busy in the shop all day and missed the news until now.

John - Get well soon! You're in my prayers.

Jeff Fagen
11-06-2011, 11:19 PM
John,I will keep you in prayer for good health my friend.

Bill Noce
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Good to hear you are doing better John.

George Gyulatyan
11-07-2011, 2:22 AM
Good to see you post John! Wish you a speedy recovery.

Norm Zax
11-07-2011, 3:46 AM
Lots of health to you, and SOOON John. Ive had enough less-than-mediocre news this week.
Take care!

Richard Jones
11-07-2011, 4:33 AM
Prayers up for John and his family. Certainly glad that he chose wisely, sounds like he should bounce back, altho' I'm sure his bride will have her hands full..........:)

All the best, John. Now's the time to catch up on your (turning, of course) reading..........

Richard

Keith Outten
11-07-2011, 5:14 AM
John,

We all hope you have a speedy and full recovery.
Lots of good energy here at The Creek heading your way, you are a fortunate man indeed.

Keith

Cheryl A. Prince
11-07-2011, 5:41 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family John.

Mike Cruz
11-07-2011, 7:28 AM
Thanks for the info, Steve. John, all the best for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear you've pulled through a "widow maker". The down side...your art didn't just increase in value by 100 times. :o Take care.

Robert Henrickson
11-07-2011, 7:45 AM
I'm glad to hear about the improvement and outlook. All the best wishes!

Johnny Taylor
11-07-2011, 7:46 AM
John, wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Richard Wolf
11-07-2011, 7:51 AM
Be well John.

Phil Thien
11-07-2011, 8:23 AM
John, I'm impressed you were walking around. I don't think most people would get up and walk around for an hour under similar circumstances.

I'm also thrilled you got yourself to the ER in time. Many don't.

Best wishes in a quick, full recovery.

Jim Slovik
11-07-2011, 8:28 AM
I'm with David D., when I saw the header I thought that there was more good news about John's turnings. What a shocker. I'm glad your on the mend John. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Roger Myers
11-07-2011, 8:28 AM
Steve, thanks for Letting us know...

John, I have never met you but from your postings and from the amazing turning you do, I feel like I know you and you are certainly a friend through the SMC community.... My best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Roger

Tim Rinehart
11-07-2011, 8:43 AM
John,
I hate to hear news like that about anyone. I think our maker was on your side to give you the good sense to know you needed to seek attention immediately.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you for a quick and smooth return to normal life, for your family, your work and play.
Just please....please....no heart shaped hollow forms!!
Best of health to you our friend.

Paul McGaha
11-07-2011, 8:50 AM
John,

I'm glad the news isnt any worse than it was. Hope your recovery goes well. Best wishes for you and your family.

PHM

Carol Kinney
11-07-2011, 8:52 AM
Good things happen to nice people, you are definitely nice and I love to hear happy ends like this. Good luck on your recovery, so nice to see that you're already up and running around :)! Best wishes in a quick and full recovery to you.

Neil Longhenry
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
John,
Glad to hear that you listened to your body and sought help at the time rather than waiting. Sounds like things are going as good as can be expected.
Prayers are out for you and yours,
Neil

Sean Hughto
11-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Thank goodness he's alright! John, get well soon. There's lots of wood that needs your attentions!

Sam Layton
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Steve, thank you for letting us know about John.

John, you are in my prayers. I also pray for God to give guidance and direction to your medical team, and to comfort your wife, and family.

God Bless You John, Sam

terry mccammon
11-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I am relatively new to turning and met John at the Cincinnati Symposium earlier in the Fall. I was deeply impressed with such a kind, thoughtful and knowledgeable gentleman. Best wishes and respects.

Rob Cunningham
11-07-2011, 1:04 PM
John, glad to hear you're doing okay. Prayers sent for you and your family.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Tom Hamilton
11-07-2011, 1:30 PM
John, here's to a speedy recovery. All the best, Tom

Russell Johnson
11-07-2011, 2:05 PM
Thank you for sharing. I'll keep him in my prayers.

charlie knighton
11-07-2011, 5:22 PM
best wishes John

Brent Ring
11-07-2011, 5:24 PM
Glad to Hear all is Well. Prayers and wishes for a fast recovery sent your way!

Jon Prouty
11-07-2011, 5:35 PM
get better soon John!

Kevin Stanbary
11-07-2011, 5:47 PM
All the best John. Hoping for a quick recovery!

James Combs
11-07-2011, 7:53 PM
Got the word yesterday early from Rex Guinn of the Blue Grass Area Woodtrunners. Anyone heard any updates?

Kevin W Johnson
11-07-2011, 8:18 PM
Hurry back, John.

Steve Campbell
11-07-2011, 8:57 PM
Just read about this. Wow. Hope you are feeling better. I have never met you before but feel like I know you from your posts. 118 replies. You have a lot of people pulling for you. Prayers on the way John. With all this good "Vibes" sent your way you have to get better..................................

Steve

Harry Robinette
11-07-2011, 9:11 PM
Really hope he's ok thats a real tough one to get over. Mine was in 2004 hope the man that saved me does the same for you, I'll be talking to him for you John.
Harry

Rich Aldrich
11-07-2011, 9:26 PM
John - Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Ryan Baker
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Speedy recovery John.

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
11-07-2011, 11:10 PM
John, you have quite a web of friends here . . . I join in the collective "thought/prayer" for your continuing in good health and humor.

Godspeed.

Jeff

Andy Sowers
11-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Get well soon John! We're all here pulling for ya!

Mike Willeson
11-07-2011, 11:34 PM
It's amazing how quick life can take a turn. You're in our thoughts and prayers John!

Vince Welch
11-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Artery blockage and egos do not go well together and I am glad you did the smart thing by getting to hospital. Take it easy John and I'll talk to you soon.

Vince

Jeff Nicol
11-08-2011, 9:10 AM
Thanks Steve for the info, I have been so busy that I have not been here on the creek much, but John is a good solid soul and he will bounce back soon! He and Eileen are in my thoughts and prayers along with all of his extended family.

The older we get it seems to come with the territory, that health issues arise more often and sneak up on us when we are busy and content in our lives. Just a tough reminder for us all to keep the machines checked out more often.

God bless you John, for you have many more wonderful things to amaze us with in your future works of art!

Jeff

Michael James
11-08-2011, 9:27 AM
John, thoughts and prayers to you and yours from me and mine. Funny, when we were chatting about taking a break the other day, this strategy did not cross my mind! Get well, and try to follow MD orders.......
Michael

Jim Laumann
11-08-2011, 9:49 AM
Get better quick John.

Jim

Dave Mueller
11-08-2011, 10:11 AM
John,
The docs did their part, now you rest and get healthy. As a retired CEO of a cardiovascular diagnostic company, I understand what you have gone through. Fortunately, cardiologists are amazing in what they can do, so just get rest and eat healthy.
Dave

Joe Mioux
11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
best wishes for a speedy recovery.

joe

Don Orr
11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear you got to the hospital in time John. Now take your time getting better. Good thoughts heading your way.

I saw the newest post from Steve S. and am even more happy that you are on the road to recovery. Take it easy for a little while.

Bill Wyko
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
John, you do what's right and obey the doctors. Take care of yourself. My prayers are with you my friend.

Doug Herzberg
11-09-2011, 7:43 AM
John, glad to hear you're doing well. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Dan Andrews
11-09-2011, 8:29 PM
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery John.

Belinda Barfield
11-10-2011, 6:52 AM
Well dang, I'm just now reading this so I'm a little late. Thanks for letting us know Steve. Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery John.

John Keeton
11-10-2011, 7:47 AM
Many thanks to all that have posted!! It is my hope that none of you go through this, but there is much good that will come of it - and, already has. I view it as a blessing in my life, and I further hope this experience will somehow bless others. My prayer is to be open to how I can make a difference in the lives of those around me.

Thanks, again, to all that have expressed their concern, have prayed, and have just been there for me!

Charles Robertson
11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Delighted you are home and on the road to recovery. Just remember your moderating commitment to the creek and stay with us. Get well and the best to you and your family.
CAR

Joe Herrmann
11-10-2011, 5:42 PM
Wow!! Glad he made it to the hospital OK and that they wee able to repair the damage.

Lori Kleinberg
11-10-2011, 9:33 PM
John, just read about your heart attack. Glad to see you are doing better.

Joe Adams
11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
My prayer is to be open to how I can make a difference in the lives of those around me.

Amen, brother.

Rob Holcomb
11-12-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm a little late in hearing the news John, but my thoughts are with you! I hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

Dan Forman
11-16-2011, 3:25 AM
First time back at the Creek in quite a while, and I run across this. John, so glad you made it through, must have been a frightening experience. I think you have a great attitude about it though, and that will certainly help with your recovery. Take care and live each day fully.

John Keeton
11-16-2011, 5:45 AM
Dan, glad you are back on the creek! Thanks for thinking of me. And, to the others that posted, thanks again.

Jerry Rhoads
11-16-2011, 6:31 AM
Thanks for leting us know Steve
John, have a good recovery, my prayers are with you
I haven't been here for a few days, and I guess I missed this notice. Thanks again Steve

Jerry

Ken Hill
11-17-2011, 9:29 AM
Hate to hear of this John, but it's great to see you on the mend!

Hilel Salomon
11-17-2011, 4:51 PM
John,Just got the news. Congratulations... I've had two, and the last one was a blessing as I'm sure that this one will turn out to be for you. It's a reminder about taking care of yourself. My prayers and wishes for you. The good news is that those who heed the warning live long and productive lives and-in your case-continue to provide kind help and advice to others.

Hilel

Daner Steel
11-18-2011, 9:48 AM
Hi John, Good to hear you are recovering well.....Take care, and good to see you back

Dan

Dave Ray
11-18-2011, 8:33 PM
More reason to give thanks on Thanksgiving, my forum friend John has made it home. Best of luck John

Tim Thiebaut
11-18-2011, 11:52 PM
John, I didnt even see this until tonight or I would have mentioned it when I wrote you the other day, I am so sorry you went through this, but very happy your feeling better, take care of yourself!!!!

John Keeton
11-19-2011, 6:54 AM
The prayers and well wishes have astounded me - I am so deeply touched and humbled by all of them. There have been many PMs and emails, as well. It certainly gives one a great appreciation for friends!!

As of Monday, I will return to my full activities, including my calisthenics and chores around the place here. I have been walking daily and have progressed to where I now do "the hill" - the 1/4 mile long steep grade drive we have. I am able to walk down the hill, and do a bit over a mile on the lane, and then back up the hill in 25 minutes. That is about 1.6 miles, or about 15 minutes/mile, including the 30% grade on the hill. My wind is good, and no pain! Just turned 63 years old Wednesday - best birthday I ever had!!!

Thanks, again!

John M. Smith
11-19-2011, 7:00 AM
Happy birthday John. And hope you have many more.

John Fabre
11-19-2011, 3:36 PM
Happy late birthday John.

Steve Schlumpf
11-19-2011, 5:40 PM
John... Happy belated Birthday!! Hope you had cake!!