PDA

View Full Version : My birthday at the beach house

dennis thompson
11-06-2011, 7:42 AM
So we decided to celebrate my birthday at our beach house. I go down early to do some work around the house,isn,t that what second homes are for? Get there,no heat,call the heating guy, he come over and says it is the electric,call electrician,he says it is the furnace,call heating guy back, it says it need a part ,has to wait until monday . Funny thing is when I bought the house 2 years ago the inspector said.....this is the Cadillac of furnaces,it will last you 30 years! Please excuse the typos, I am just learning to use my new iPad Dennis

anthony wall
11-10-2011, 9:17 AM
we just celebrated my birthday on november 9th waist deep in floodwater in our living room ,we live near bangkok and the floods this year have been the worst in living memory.i did manage to get all my tools in my shop lifted above the flood level luckily, all except the table saw that is which again i was lucky with as it is a contractor type and was able to lift one side at a time so as to slide a large sheet of polythene under then fold the excess up to form sides and tie off above the table. this is how we dealt with the larger pieces of furniture also ,hope it worked ok but wont know until the floods subside

Belinda Barfield
11-10-2011, 9:28 AM
Wow, I think both of you should have a birthday do over. Anthony, hope the water level goes down quickly, and that everything comes out okay.

Bill Edwards(2)
11-10-2011, 9:31 AM
Sorry Dennis! Flood trumps furnace out.

Andrew Pitonyak
11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Sorry Dennis! Flood trumps furnace out.

Especially since the flood likely took out the furnace!

anthony wall
11-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Especially since the flood likely took out the furnace!andrew the flood would have taken out the furnace but this is thailand where the sun does all the heating that is needed we are under water but the temperature is still in the 90s and this is now officialy winter