PDA

View Full Version : Rastering with Zing, and household power

Paul Williams from Nunavut
11-05-2011, 6:11 PM
Okay, background info: Living in Canada with standard household power setup, operating a Zing 30 watt (Epilog), along with a filter system and a blower. All three items in a bedroom-turned-into-shop.

Question: should I expect that I'm going to trip a fuse every time I try rastering/cutting, or is this unusual? Should I run long extension cords so that each item is running from different plugs, or even different rooms? Is the fact that it is tripping every time causing problems for the engraver? Should I just find a buyer and sell it all off?

I should also point out that currently (no pun intended), my engraver and air blower are operating through a Tripp Lite line conditioner, while the filter was plugged into the same outlet as the Tripp Lite.

Like the signature line says:

Dan Hintz
11-05-2011, 7:03 PM
Question: should I expect that I'm going to trip a fuse every time I try rastering/cutting, or is this unusual? Should I run long extension cords so that each item is running from different plugs, or even different rooms? Is the fact that it is tripping every time causing problems for the engraver? Should I just find a buyer and sell it all off?
If you're having problems with nuisance tripping, you're either pulling too much from one circuit or the breaker is starting to give up the ghost. It's likely the former as blowers typically use up a good bit of the available power on a standard 15A circuit. It's unlikely you have sockets from two different circuits in the same bedroom... and depending upon how the house was laid out, it's possible adjoining rooms share the same circuit for the outlets. Track down sockets from two different circuits and try those.

11-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks, Dan, I'll check it out.

john passek
11-06-2011, 7:02 PM
I think Dan is on the right track, my 50 watt mini was tripping all the time , it was on a week breaker with other equipment plugged in so I had an electrician wire in a 15amp plugin just for the laser, blower and air assist, never trips now.

11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Dan, I'll speak to our local electrician.