PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Meeting at NC Symposium

Nate Davey
11-05-2011, 4:30 PM
Had the privilege of meeting Thom Sturgill at the NC Woodturners Symposium today. Had a nice conversation about everything we couldn't afford. Rob S., who I work, with was there as well. Ran into Tim Rinehart was well, but he was one of the staff and was in a hurry so no pics.
Met Johannes Michealson at the Robust booth where I drooled all over the AB and the Liberty and had a nice conversation with Brett English. Great guy and what a quality lathe.
The instant gallery was fairly small, but the Minister of Finance saw a few she liked.
Bought a 1/4" Detail Gouge and the big skew from TT. A great day.

Marty Eargle
11-05-2011, 4:32 PM
Hate I couldn't make it out this year, forgot all about it until Mike Smith reminded me a week or so ago.

Hopefully next year I'll be able to break away from school and come out. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Bernie Weishapl
11-05-2011, 4:59 PM
Looks like a great time Nate.

David E Keller
11-05-2011, 7:02 PM
Looks like fun, Nate! That's a great shot of the MOF standing with a couple of diminutive turnings!

Nate Davey
11-05-2011, 7:31 PM
Those are Anatoly Tsiris's David, amazing.

Rob Sitze
11-06-2011, 3:00 PM
I just got back, it was a great time, also met another Creeker there, Greg, from the coast, we chatted a lot, came home with a lighter wallet, another vicmarc chuck, box elder log, and several other stuff, plus some ideas to try.

Greg Bolton22
11-08-2011, 7:58 AM
Sorry I missed meeting you Nate. I had a good time talking with Rob Sitze and Bob Rotche and got to meet Tim Rinehart. I also missed Charlie Knighton and Thom Sturgill although I did see his fedora across the room once but he was gone before I could get there. I had a great time and spent way too much money. I also discovered Mike who operates a sawmill about two hours from where I live who has some absoulutely amazing wood from all over the country. This is going to get really expensive, really quickly!

Greg

Tim Rinehart
11-08-2011, 9:35 AM
Nate, and others...it was a real treat running into all of you. It was a bit of a whirlwind for me making sure things were in order for each demo in our room and so forth. Hopefully, we can get together sometime with less time pressures.

Richard Jones
11-08-2011, 9:47 AM
I was in Greensboro this weekend, but was doing the caregiver thing with my mom. Maybe next time.

Would have loved to have been there, but, no regrets.

Rich

Mike Cruz
11-09-2011, 9:13 AM
Don't you just love talking about the stuff you can't afford? Looks like a great time. Glad you met up with those guys.