PDA

View Full Version : Turned & Carved Goblet

David Newson
11-05-2011, 6:26 AM
Goblet was turned and carved from spalted Sycamore, any critique welcome as always thanks for looking.212024212023

Keith E Byrd
11-05-2011, 6:36 AM
very interesting - looks like a hand holding upp the bowl on finger tips- nice job and very pretty wood.

John Keeton
11-05-2011, 8:24 AM
Lot of work went into that one, David! Sycamore is a great wood to turn, and when it is spalted, it really has some character. I like your concept and it looks like you did an excellent job with the turning and carving. Very unique!

Bernie Weishapl
11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
That is a unique and interesting piece. Well done on the carving and turning.

Joe Watson
11-05-2011, 8:03 PM
Pretty cool.
The second pic looks like a hand with three fingers holding a pot.

Baxter Smith
11-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Cool design David! I like it!

Kathy Marshall
11-06-2011, 1:25 AM
Very cool! The carving looks great and ditto on it looking like a hand with three fingers!

David Newson
11-06-2011, 2:57 AM
Thanks for all your comments I'm glad you like it, unfortunately I cant claim to be the originator of the design of which I semi copied a picture I found on the internet and put my own take on it, I've know idea who the originator of the piece was if anyone knows please let me know.

This piece was entered into my clubs open competition last Christmas but didn't get any where I'm not sure why because when I saw the original picture on the net I personally thought what a cool piece and that might be a good design to enter for our open competition but I was wrong, If anyone is interested how approached the turning and carving of this piece let me know and I'll explain the process, thanks for looking and your comments.