PDA

View Full Version : A Pic for David D

Mark Hubl
11-05-2011, 1:55 AM
Here is what it looks like at SOFA. Nice work DD. Stuff looks great. Hopefully some red dots by Sunday.

Roger Chandler
11-05-2011, 5:47 AM
NICE!!! Boy that collection looks good sitting on display...........I think having them together only enhances the artistry......you should try that David! ;):D

Robert Henrickson
11-05-2011, 8:42 AM
Nice display. It is also the best illustration of the actual size of the pieces -- I've seen the dimensions cited, but this provides context for scale. Even more remarkable achievements now that I see just how tall the amphora series is.

Nate Davey
11-05-2011, 8:50 AM
Great spy work Mark. I had no idea those forms were that big. Congratulations David, national exposure will pay big.

David DeCristoforo
11-05-2011, 2:31 PM
Mark, I really appreciate your going to the trouble to take and post this picture. They only have four of the five they took shown here and "Parfait" is missing it's lid. I sent an email pointing that out but I'm learning that "gallery people" have their own way of thinking. So this is not earth shaking, probably will do little to ameliorate global hunger or poverty and yet it's very satisfying to see and I am very grateful to have anything there at all! Thanx again...

Roland Martin
11-06-2011, 9:03 AM
Thanks for posting this Mark. Very stunning display, I would say the red dots are nearby! Best of luck, David, not that you need any luck.

Donny Lawson
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Awesome looking pieces.

Baxter Smith
11-06-2011, 5:06 PM
Neat picture! I enjoy seeing groups of turnings. Thanks MarK!

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 5:13 PM
I got an email from one of the gallery people this morning and she said that she had gotten an email from one of the guys in Chicago saying that they had sold "some of my pieces". She did not know how many or which ones and will not know for sure until their crew gets back next week. But it looks like at least one or two will have new homes! Glad to hear it because I have way too many of these things sitting around here and I could use the dough!

Nate Davey
11-06-2011, 6:29 PM
A huge congrats David. A nationally, maybe internationally, collected artist. Don't forget us little people as you drive by in your Bentley.

John W Dixon
11-06-2011, 6:50 PM
Congrats on the sales. Neat picture and what an honor to have them on display there.

Jon McElwain
11-06-2011, 6:57 PM
That is fantastic! Those pieces look larger than I had pictured from the forum photos. Really a good looking set. Congratulations on all accounts!

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 6:58 PM
"...what an honor to have them on display there..."

Truly! And a stroke of serendipitous good fortune as well. The Natsoulas people had planned their display months in advance and they focus mainly on ceramics. They had told me they would take a few turnings if they had room for them. At 5:50 PM on Thursday, they called and said they had a space big enough for a 12"X12"X20" box in one of the crates and that if I could get something packed up and in the crate by 8:30 the next morning, they would take it along and if they had room, they would put them on display. It was so last minute that my name was not included in any of the show literature so the only presence I had was these five pieces. Nevertheless, I was and am thrilled to get something on display there and I am blown away that some of them sold!

Mark Hubl
11-06-2011, 8:42 PM
No red dots, but it looks like the two amphora's are missing!! Nice, quick delivery. Here is the shelf as of today. Congrats David.

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2011, 8:47 PM
Great photos Mark ... tells the story that no one else seems able to do!! Congrats on your sales David! Well deserved!!

David DeCristoforo
11-06-2011, 8:48 PM
Yup. They be gone alright! Mark, I am so grateful to have the picture you posted here. Because of the last minute nature of my "participation" there will be no record of it in any "official documentation". So that picture is the only thing I have showing my work at this show except for two pics that Jon Nuckles (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?72452-Jon-Nuckles) sent me. So thanx again!

Mark Hubl
11-06-2011, 9:03 PM
Sorry for the quality of the photos. Just quick phone pics. Photography is frowned upon at the show and "real" cameras are not allowed. This is a wonderful show. I always get a chance to talk with many artists and friends. This year was an on year for AAW so there were three days of demos. Del Mano was crowded both days I was there and the gallery with your work was just down from them. It looked like a pretty good sale year and some of the artists were happy with the results. Congrats again the work looked great.

Rick Markham
11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Congrats David! Very cool. It was nice to see your pieces together, it gave some perspective. Congrats on the sales too, never hurts to have less stuff and a fatter wallet

Alan Trout
11-06-2011, 10:13 PM
David,

That is a cool deal, Congratulations.

Alan

Jeff Fagen
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm glad you could peddle some before you had to dust them.Congratulations,great work.