PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting 0* Bevel Stop on Bosch Glide Miter Saw GCM12SD

Jay Runde
11-04-2011, 11:44 PM
I purchased a refurbished Bosch Glide Miter Saw from CPO Bosch and it was delivered today. I am trying to adjust the zero degree bevel stop and I cannot get it closer than about 7-8 degrees. According to the Instructions it says to loosen 2 10mm bolts on the back, and a set screw that points toward the bottom. Once those are loosened, there is another set screw used to adjust the bevel stop. If I loosen it, the bevel stop moves farther away from where it was at. When the set screw is as tight as I can get it, it's at the 7-8 degree point. Is there something I am missing when trying to do the adjustment?

Jay

phil harold
11-05-2011, 9:41 AM
call the service department

contact 1-877-Bosch99 (267-2499)

Jay Runde
11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I tried, but they are only open until 7am - 7pm central time mon-fri and I am in Pacific time. I didn't get home from work until after 5:30pm last night and by the time I got it out of the box and was setting it up, it was after 7pm when I tried calling them. I guess I am going to have try to get up early one day this week to try and call them. I know they have a couple of authorized repair centers here, not sure if they are open today or not

Jay Runde
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Bosch had me bring it into the local repair shop and they are unable to get it set either. They talked to Bosch and said it is the way it is and can't be fixed.

Does anyone else have the saw and able to set the bevel stop at 0 degrees? I am definitely going to send this one back but don't know for sure if I want a replacement if they are all like this.

Doug Colombo
11-09-2011, 9:34 PM
Is this what you are referring to ? The stop for the bevel ? If so I have not had any issues with mine, although I have not used it much. I am out of town now but can check it when I get back in town later this week.

Ron Kellison
11-09-2011, 9:41 PM
Have you checked the actual bevel angle of a cut? Does the cut match the pointer or is it something closer to 0 degrees? It might be something as simple as adjusting the indicator. Don't ask me how I know this! :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ron

Jay Runde
11-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I measured it with my Wixey digital protractor and 0 on the indicator is where 90 degrees is showing on my protractor.

Jay Runde
11-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Is this what you are referring to ? The stop for the bevel ? If so I have not had any issues with mine, although I have not used it much. I am out of town now but can check it when I get back in town later this week.

Yes, that is what I am talking about. When I bevel it all the way to the left then back to the right as the manual says, it stops at around 3 degrees.

I decided to try an exchange. If the next one I receive has the same issue, I'm going to ask for a return. It will probably be a couple of weeks until I get the new one as I have to ship this one back. They sent me an email that has a RMA that only allows you to drop it off as they don't include a shipping label, but the box won't fit in my car. I am going to try to have FedEx drop by the house for a pickup.