PDA

View Full Version : Help needed adding router table extension to table saw..

David Brimm
11-04-2011, 4:38 PM
I have a 1990's Grizzly G1023 Table Saw (see attached pic) and am wondering if the Router Extension Table H7507 will work with it?

The table page (http://www.grizzly.com/products/Router-Extension-Table-for-Table-Saw/H7507) specifies that it is compatible with the G1023 saw but I don't know if mine is too old.

Mine also has round fence rails (as shown in the attached picture) while the Extension Table shows it mounted to a saw with rectangular rails. Would the extension work with my round rails? How?

I emailed Grizzly and their answer was a rather unconvincing "we don't know, sorry".. maybe one of you guys or gals here can provide an more useful answer or suggestion?

Thanks!
Dave

Dale Cruea
11-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Says it will.
Our new H7507 Extension Wing with Router Mount features an 18" x 27" precision ground cast iron surface, universal router mounting and easy installation. The included fence rail mounted support legs means a stable working platform. Fits G1023 series, G0444 series, G0575 and G0576 Table Saws. Approximate shipping weight: 79 lbs.

David Brimm
11-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Says it will.
Our new H7507 Extension Wing with Router Mount features an 18" x 27" precision ground cast iron surface, universal router mounting and easy installation. The included fence rail mounted support legs means a stable working platform. Fits G1023 series, G0444 series, G0575 and G0576 Table Saws. Approximate shipping weight: 79 lbs.

Haha thanks Dale, I know that it says it fits the G1023 series, however the current version of the series has a totally different type of rails, etc, which is why I emailed Grizzly directly and asked. When they responded with "we don't know" I figured it was worth a shot that someone here had actually tried it and had a way of fitting it to the saw.

Dale Cruea
11-05-2011, 2:55 PM
Ooooops... Sorry David. And I thought I was being slick. :D
If they change a series they should change the series name of it.

David Brimm
11-05-2011, 4:34 PM
Ooooops... Sorry David. And I thought I was being slick. :D
If they change a series they should change the series name of it.

No problem Dale.. :)

I agree that a series name change might be in order or at least they should be able to tell a person the differences between the old and new models so I could determine compatibility myself.. sheesh.