PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

Bobby McCarley
11-04-2011, 4:13 PM
Veterans Day is next week and I want to take this time to say thank you to some very special veterans. I never got the chance or took the time to understand what they gave up and the hardships they endured while fighting in a war so far from their homes and loved ones so we may continue to enjoy the FREEDOMS and LIBERTY thay we all hold so dear to our hearts. THANK YOU,Uncle Travis, Uncle Jack, Un...cle Henderson and a special THANK YOU to my father, Bennell McCarley. I miss, and love y'all very much, and I am sorry it has taken me so long to appreciate and understand what y'all did for your families and country, the U.S.A. Our WWII veterans are dying off at an alarming rate and soon will be a lost generation to our young ones, so please, on this Veterans Day, find a WWII veteran, or any veteran, walk up to them, shake their hand and tell them that what they did for their famlies and country will never be forgotten.

Bobby
Louisiana

ray hampton
11-04-2011, 9:07 PM
thank you Bobby for the remainder

Jim Rimmer
11-06-2011, 8:24 PM
I got a call yesterday that a dear old friend and WWII PT Boat vet had died. They did, indeed, pay a dear price for us and they will soon be gone. Thanks to them all.

Lloyd Kerry
11-07-2011, 11:34 AM
My father flew as a tail gunner in a Halifax bomber (4-engine, similar to a Lancaster) over Germany, 26 missions, I believe. It's a wonder I'm here at all,and thank him and all veterans on both sides of our border!

Rod Sheridan
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I also am here today because my father was lucky and came home from overseas service phsyically intact.........Remembrance day is indeed coming soon.......Regards, Rod.