PDA

View Full Version : Possible Creeker Visit-Phoenix Area??

Steve Mawson
11-04-2011, 2:50 PM
Just got in to the sunny valley yesterday, staying with family in Litchfield Park. If anyone in the area has time for a visit of me dropping by, let me know as I don't have any big plans. Would like to take some mesquite back, any suggestions??

Thanks,

Steve

Jason Clark2
11-04-2011, 3:04 PM
How long are you here?

Jason

Steve Mawson
11-04-2011, 3:37 PM
Through Sunday, Nov. 13.

Damon Stathatos
11-04-2011, 3:44 PM
When I was there a couple of months ago, Arizona Hardwoods had a pretty good load of mesquite. They were $8 bf for shorts (-4') and $16 for their longer boards. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not but it was the cheapest I found on my short trip there. You might want to give them a call before you go out there just in case they sold their stock.

If you happen to find it cheaper, please consider posting it here or PM me as I plan a trip back soon and would appreciate the fruits of your 'legwork'. Have a good time.

Jason Clark2
11-04-2011, 4:41 PM
The Arizona Woodturners Assoc is having an all day demo on the 12th. PM me for details. I'm probably too far East for a visit but if you're interested I'm available. Kathy Marshall is over on the West side, I'm sure she'll chime in and she usually has mesquite. Jason

Kathy Marshall
11-04-2011, 9:26 PM
Steve, I should be out in the shop all weekend and you're more than welcome to come by. And unless you came by semi, I can propably load you up with all the mesquite you can carry. I'll PM you with directions.

Doug W Swanson
11-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Since we are talking about Creeker meetings in Phoenix, I'll be in town for the week of Thanksgiving. Anyone want to meet up then?

Kathy Marshall
11-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Since we are talking about Creeker meetings in Phoenix, I'll be in town for the week of Thanksgiving. Anyone want to meet up then?
Doug, I plan on taking the friday after Thanksgiving off so I'll have a 4 day weekend :D, you're more than welcome to drop by for a visit and pick out some wood!