PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Shop Vacuums

John Myer
11-03-2011, 6:27 PM
I am considering the purchase of a Milwaukee shop vacuum, model 8950 to replace a Rigid model that seems to have low suction power when used with a small cyclone. Any users of Milwaukee vacuums to offer opinions about their performance?
Thanks
John

Bill Huber
11-05-2011, 11:14 PM
John, I run a Ridgid 6hp from HD on a Dust Deputy and have no problem what so ever, it works great. The Ridgid is rated at 168 CFM and the Milwaukee is only rated at 148 CFM, now I know the ratings are made by them and that is all you can go by. Now the Ridgid is also rated at 11 amps and the Milwaukee is only rated at 8 amps.

Mike Henderson
11-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I have a Ridgid, also, and am quite happy with it (I think it's a 6HP one). I use it with a bag instead of a cyclone. I bought one of the quiet ones (see the ratings of the different Ridgid models) so it's not a screamer, either.

Mike

Don Morris
11-06-2011, 1:06 AM
I also have a Rigid with a Dust Deputy and have been happy with the combination. I went to HD and had them run a couple to see if indeed the advertising was accurate. The model I selected was truly less noisy. At a certain range they are more powerful, but better built, less noisy and have some other features that appealed to me, like cord storage, handle, and top part attaches to lower part more securely. Just couldn't justify the $$$ for a Fein or other costly models when this does the job in my shop to my needs.

Bill White
11-06-2011, 1:36 PM
I have an older Ridgid 6.25hp (Yeah, right!) vac. It has the detachable power head that can be used as a blower. I added the better filter and a muffler. That thing will suck framing nails outa the studs.
I'd buy it again.
Bill

John Myer
11-06-2011, 9:04 PM
My Rigid Vacuum is marked 5 H.P. 10 Amp (Model # WD12460). I don't recall but I may have purchased one of the Home Depot promotional vacuums. It is also hooked up to a Dust Deputy cyclone attached to a large barrow. Very little dust makes it to the vacuum filter, so the cyclone must be doing its part. I noticed that some of you indicated having a Rigid rated at 6 H.P. so maybe they have better performance.

Larry Edgerton
11-07-2011, 7:49 AM
I had an old commercial Milwaukee that was heavy duty to say the least, and the attachments/hose were the best I have ever seen. It was not cheap, but I feel it was worth every penny. Not sure if they still make them like that but it was quiet, dependable, and had lots of power. Oh, and it was pretty!

So pretty in fact that it walked away from a job site. I now buy disposable vacs like the Ridgid/ShopVac/etc. but I sure liked that Milwaukee.

Larry