PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Japanese Joinery is available on Amazon right now.

John A. Callaway
11-03-2011, 5:22 PM
I have been looking for this, and a few of you on here have mentioned trying to find again as well. I ordered a copy on the site yesterday for about 20 bucks. Less than two months ago, you couldn't find this book anywhere, unless you were willing to shell out over a hundred dollars for a used copy.

Happened to look yesterday and it showed as available, so I added to the order with some other books. the email today is showing it shipped. I figured it was a website error, but I gave it a shot. I dunno if they started reprinting it, or the found a quantity of them somewhere....

either way, I would jump on it if you want it. The printing date on the info page still shows 1995. So odds are the inventory is small, and will be short lived.

Lex Boegen
11-05-2011, 6:25 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! I just ordered my copy (and got it free--paid for it with reward points.) It looks like a new printing (paperback), but that's just a guess on my part.

John A. Callaway
11-05-2011, 10:49 PM
It will be here monday, so I will check the print date in the cover. The site shows the printing as a 1995 edition. And it was showing only 17 copies left. Two days ago It didn't show a quantity in stock.

John A. Callaway
11-05-2011, 10:51 PM
scratch that, now showing 14 left.

John A. Callaway
11-10-2011, 2:29 PM
The book did arrive, and is not showing a new printing date on the inside publishers page. Either way, the book looks great , I cant wait to dive into it.

Lex Boegen
11-10-2011, 2:50 PM
I got my copy too. I've been planning on building a pergola on the south side of my house to shade it, and now I'm thinking about using joints from this book, because they'll be exposed and much more attractive than toe-nailing butt joints.