PDA

View Full Version : I just discovered the Notifications header .....

Jamie Donaldson
11-03-2011, 12:54 PM
...on the top R of the SMC Forum page, and there were a number of messages posted there for me that were several months old! I didn't know this function of the SMC site existed, so my apologies to those who had left questions for me which have gone unanswered. I haven't fully explored this site, so I will try to spend some time in the future to better familiarize myself with the features available here.:o

Don Orr
11-03-2011, 4:38 PM
No sweat Jamie-I did the same thing-and still forget it's there most of the time. ;-))

Richard Jones
11-03-2011, 7:43 PM
Jamie,

It's a good thing that guy from Sierra Leone that wanted to share all that money with you wasn't trying to get a hold of you.................:)

R

Mike Peace
11-03-2011, 8:50 PM
Yeah, been there done that. I actually won a drawing a few years ago for something free here on SMC and almost did not get it since I wasn't aware of the notifications. :p

Gary Max
11-03-2011, 8:50 PM
Just in case anyone missed it ------there is also a Donate (in Yellow) where for a mear $6.00 bucks a year you can become a Contributor.
This money helps keep the lights on around here.

Bernie Weishapl
11-03-2011, 9:52 PM
Yep Gary sent mine plus a few more to help keep the lights on.

Jake Helmboldt
11-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Jamie, thanks for posting this thread. That made me look and I discovered there was a message from Richard Jones all the way back to June! DUH!

Richard, check your box. I'll also forward you the message from the guy in Nigeria. Be sure to get back to him; sounds lucrative. :p

John Keeton
11-04-2011, 6:11 AM
Just as a reminder, you can change the Settings in your profile to get a "pop up" when you receive a new PM. It is in the "New Private Message Notification" paragraph - select "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up". The pop up occurs when you log in, or change pages.

That might help you "OLD GUYS" like Jamie with failing memories!!:D:D