PDA

View Full Version : Any Woodcraft Magazine readers?

Alan Mikkelsen
03-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Any feedback on the new Woodcraft magazine? I searched the archives and found a bit, but not a lot. Just got another card from them in their monthly flier and was wondering how people are liking it. Does anyone know if it will be on the newstands? I'd prefer to just buy a couple copies to check it out.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM
For whatever reason, I received the first 3 issues. I really did like the magazine, but I already get a bunch of others. Another $30 for that magazine seemed to expensive to me. I have not seen it on newstands at all.

Corey Hallagan
03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
I didn't realize that they had put a mag out. I currently get Wood, Popular WoodWorking and Shop Notes magazines. I kind of like that newer mag called American Router as well.

Corey

Greg Heppeard
03-03-2005, 1:02 PM
So far, I think it's only available at the stores or thru the mail.

AJ Hamler
03-03-2005, 2:13 PM
Hi everyone...

The first two issues of Woodcraft Magazine have come out, but have been available only through subscription and at the 80 or so Woodcraft stores around the country. With issue #3, we've finally gotten our national distribution network in place, and it will also be available on newsstands, although I don't have any kind of list of exactly where in any specific area.

A.J.

Glenn Clabo
03-03-2005, 2:23 PM
A.J. - Just in case you didn't know you can put your website in your user CP just not in your sig line. I had to go around about to find it. http://www.woodcraftmagazine.com/
When I was in my local WoodCraft I noticed the mag...but really didn't realize you could subscribe to it. I'll have to check it out next time.

And btw...look out...we have a rule here that you need to use your real first name.

AJ Hamler
03-03-2005, 4:32 PM
Glenn...

Yeah, I knew I could put the url there, but I didn't want it to look too much like 'advertising' a site I was affiliated with. Over the years I've been to a lot of forums that have rules that you're not allowed to post a url if you're affiliated, and I've just gotten into the habit of not doing it unless I've asked permission first. I do appreciate you posting it, though. :) <G>

"A.J." is my real first name; only my wife calls me anything else ... and I didn't think it'd be a good idea to use "Honey Bunny" Hamler on my posts.

A.J.

Glenn Clabo
03-03-2005, 5:36 PM
"A.J." is my real first name; only my wife calls me anything else ... and I didn't think it'd be a good idea to use "Honey Bunny" Hamler on my posts.
A.J.
:D I guess I'll pass on what my wife calls me also.

Randy Moore
03-03-2005, 5:50 PM
:D I guess I'll pass on what my wife calls me also.
I know I will pass on what she calls me.:rolleyes:

Randy

Kent Cori
03-06-2005, 7:33 PM
I've seen it in the Woodcraft stores but haven't bought a copy. IMHO it is overpriced for its content.