PDA

View Full Version : New little lathe ordered for my school shop.

Jack Mincey
11-02-2011, 4:09 PM
We had our annual fall festival a couple weeks ago and the principal let my students sell turned items to raise money to buy turning related tools for the school shop. All total we sold right at$350.00 of items which when put with what we had, gave us enough to buy another delta midi lathe. I got a notice from Amazon that they are now on sale for $575.99 so it turned out to be a great time to add the sixth lathe to my school shop. Most of the students prefer learning on the smaller lathes and I don't have to worry quite as much as when they are using the PM.
Jack

Derek Gilmer
11-02-2011, 4:13 PM
Don't forget they have free shipping and a $50 rebate on them right now as well.

Jeff Fagen
11-02-2011, 7:34 PM
Now that's a ray of hope!:)

Harry Robinette
11-02-2011, 8:46 PM
Jack
That is one of the GREATEST things I've heard of in a long time. Please keep up your efforts and congratulation on a really great program.

Steve Schlumpf
11-02-2011, 9:45 PM
That is excellent news Jack! Congrats to you and all the kids on their hard work!

Bernie Weishapl
11-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Congrats. You and the kids should be proud.

Jack Mincey
11-03-2011, 6:31 AM
Thanks everyone, Having a principal that enjoys wood turning has helped our class this school year. I will post pictures of the lathe when it comes in. Having to come up with funds for ones personal addiction to wood turning is hard, but multiply that by 30 and it gets even worse.
Thanks,
Jack

Betty Fox
11-03-2011, 8:55 AM
You are doing a yoeman's work there Jack. It must be exhilirating to be surrounded by turners every day. I envy you. Ron and I did a one day class with rotating students. (they came and went at random times during the day, we didn't spin the kids) and it was exhausting but amazingly enjoyable. I taught the kids about turning tops and Ron brought pens for them to turn. The kids had a great time and I had a blast. Good job on the new lathe. Have the kids sign it somewhere. It will make it special to them.