PDA

View Full Version : Quicken files on a shared drive?

Bill Miltner
11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Has anyone here installed their Quicken data files on a shared drive? If so, were there any particular problems areas that I should be aware of? The systems use Windows 7 Pro.

I want to be able to access the data from my desktop as well as my laptop.

paul cottingham
11-02-2011, 6:18 PM
If I remember correctly, you may need to buy a second license to connect to the database from another computer. I may be wrong, but seem to remember this from setting it up for one of my clients.

Phil Thien
11-02-2011, 8:17 PM
No problem. Can only access the files from one PC at a time (no multi-user access).

Matt Meiser
11-02-2011, 9:18 PM
Quicken is telling my wife that's not a supported install, which makes no sense but they are blaming that on a corruption issue in our file. I've stayed out of it as I deal with software all day and don't feel like doing it all night. Then again she's an accountant all day...

Harry Simms
11-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't know if it is a supported use, but I do it all the time. My data file lives on my desktop and I access it from both my laptop and desktop (only one at a time). I've never had an issue.

Bill Miltner
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Jerome Stanek
11-03-2011, 6:49 AM
I have an older version of Quicken and it asks where I want to save my files. I tell it to save to my network drive.