PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at Goodwill?

Jim Koepke
11-02-2011, 12:29 PM
When there is time it is kind of fun to look for bargains at Goodwill and other second hand/donation stores.

My brother just sent me a link for Shopgoodwill.com because of a Stanley 45 listed.

It seems the listings are not well organized and the sellers are even less aware of what they are selling than the better known auction site.

Has anyone here had any experience buying from this site?

jtk

Rick Whitehead
11-02-2011, 2:17 PM
I've been registered on that site for quite a while, and I've only bought one thing: a book that no one else bid on.
You're right about the listings. The Goodwill stores selling the items often have no idea of what they have, or what condition they are in.I just assume that the items are in the worst possible condition, which is why I don't bid on many of them.
The items seem to go for about what they do on ebay, so I haven't seen any great bargains. I'm sure there are some good deals to be had, but it would be hit-or miss.
Your experience may be different.
Rick

Bill White
11-02-2011, 4:19 PM
After moving to our new home and shop (note the shop gets second billing), Good Will here thinks that I'm Santa. Pending a responce, a very well-tuned RAS will be the next donation. Deductions are a good thing.
Bill