PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-01-2011, 8:39 PM
For those of you who sell items here and use Paypal....and if your PP account is linked to a credit card....how do you get the funds out of your PP account? Does it get credited to your credit card? Do you just leave it in your PP account for when you go shopping? Is there another way to send it out of PP and directly into a bank account?

Myk Rian
11-01-2011, 9:12 PM
You make a request for Paypal to send you a check, which they do.

Joe Pelonio
11-01-2011, 9:50 PM
You can also link a checking account, use the credit card to pay and the checking account to transfer your
receipts. Since a recent incident, I link to a checking account with minimal funds and then cash it out the day after it's transferred to me.

Jeff Nicol
11-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I have a PayPal Debit card that I use for gas and other purchases. I am not sure if they still have a limit on how much you can withdraw each day, I think it used to be $500 but I hardly ever take cash out so I never worry about it.

Jeff

Derek Gilmer
11-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Just spend it on more tools!

Really though many online retailers are taking paypal as payment options. I've used it that way in the past to avoid the withdraw/check fees.

Mark Patoka
11-02-2011, 1:51 PM
I have PayPal linked to a checking account and when my PayPal balance reaches a certain amount, I have it transferred to that account. While PayPal actually pays a little bit of interest I don't like to leave too much money sitting in there so I have it transferred.

If I'm buying with PayPal, I'll use the available balance first and then a linked credit card for the remainder. I've been using it for quite a few years and no problems so far.

Kevin W Johnson
11-03-2011, 11:34 PM
You can also link a checking account, use the credit card to pay and the checking account to transfer your
receipts. Since a recent incident, I link to a checking account with minimal funds and then cash it out the day after it's transferred to me.

I keep telling myself that I need to do the same thing. Seeing as Paypal has made it all too easy for buyers to scam sellers.