PDA

View Full Version : RIP Larry Haun

Mac McQuinn
10-31-2011, 5:41 PM
The world has lost a good man, supreme Carpenter and great writer. Larry Haun died October 24th. I was initially exposed to Larry's work through Fine Homebuilding in his many articles on framing. I purchased several of his tapes on the same subject and was immediately mesmerized by his layout skills, nailing abilities and use of a worm drive saw. I purchased everything he wrote and even though I've sold off some of my library recently, Larry's books will always stay on the shelf. I recently had the great pleasure to read his last book which is more of a story of Larry's life, houses, wisdom and visions. It's perhaps one of the most thought provoking books I've every read. Ironically I finished his book about a week before he passed. Discovering his passing, I felt such a loss, A man of his abilities, vision and quality will be missed.

Mac

Roy Turbett
10-31-2011, 8:48 PM
+1 Larry was a great carpenter and teacher.

Ted Calver
10-31-2011, 11:55 PM
I enjoyed his videos on the FHB site. He had a lot of experience and was a good teacher. Even at his age he could drive a 16p in with one whack. May he rest in peace.