PDA

View Full Version : GCC/Pinnacle/Laserpro - Explorer ZX Linear Guide Rail

Gary Hair
10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
My laser is down, the bearings in the linear guide carriage are shot. Anyone know where to get a replacement? I have contacted Jorlink and three local companies that can order linear guides and I'm looking for other sources as well. They may have what I need but I need to cover all of my bases. Of course, I have a huge project and it died in the middle...

Thanks for any help!
Gary

Scott Challoner
10-31-2011, 11:47 AM
I've always just gotten them from my distributer. I would think yours would have them in stock as they're a wear item. I would love to find an alternate source for them though as I'm sure you could get them much cheaper. Good luck and let us know if you find any.

Gary Hair
10-31-2011, 11:49 AM
What distributor did you get yours through Scott?

Scott Challoner
10-31-2011, 1:38 PM
ISS Sales in Green Bay but isn't GCC's American headquarters in California? They should get them to you much quicker than having to get them from Wisconsin.

Gary Hair
10-31-2011, 1:48 PM
They are Scott but they don't sell direct and the distributors I have tried on the West coast aren't responding. No matter who I order it from, it still ships from CA. I have one in WA that should be able to help - if not, I'll have to get it from Signwarehouse - not my first choice...

Gary

Gary Hair
10-31-2011, 3:01 PM
The parts are on their way, I heard back from the distributor in WA and they will ship next day air today! It will take about 15 minutes to assemble it and I'll be up and running again!

Gary

Mike Page
10-31-2011, 3:06 PM
I have ordered direct from GCC America ( X Motors). I would try Jorlink first. Feel the same about Sign warehouse.

Mike

Chuck Stone
10-31-2011, 3:33 PM
I've ordered direct from GCC too. Pretty decent help if you need it.
Might need to fill out a credit app, and there's a minimum.. shipping
was a bit high, but when you need the parts, you need the parts!

Gary Hair
10-31-2011, 3:41 PM
I ordered them from LaserProNA in California. A dealer in Washington helped me to get in contact with them. Kurt is the person I spoke to in CA, very knowledgable and helpfull! I'm pretty sure he has parts for all Pinnacle/Laserpro/GCC lasers and I would recommend him highly. The part is over $400, shipping is about $80, but with the large order I'm working on right now it costs me about $800 a day to have the laser down...

Gary

Rodne Gold
11-01-2011, 1:54 AM
The guy that services my Roland Printers recons the GCC roller carriage is the same as they use on the roland printers? Not too sure about that.

Gary Hair
11-01-2011, 7:02 PM
The part arrived at 10:00, by 10:20 I was lasering again! It's amazing how bad something can get over 5 years without noticing it, until you replace it that is... The new bearings as SOOOOO quiet compared to the bad ones. Rodney - remember a while back I asked you about play in the carriage? Well, that should have been my first clue something was going bad - the new one has NONE! I don't know how much play is too much, when to replace the carriage/rail, but I do know how it sounds and feels right before it fails! I'll keep a piece of anodized aluminum around that was lasered right before the bearings went and hopefully I'll look at it once in a while to remind me what happened and what to look for.

Gary