PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Woodsucker Cyclone?

Bjorn Rettig
10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello,

I'm setting up my woodshop again (after a 2 years in storage - long story behind it) and I'm struggling a little with my woodsucker cyclone. On the side with the filter and the bag I believe I'm missing a part.

If one of you owns a woodsucker and could take pictures of assembly with the filter and bag, I would highly appreciate it.

thanks,
--bjorn

Jamie Buxton
10-31-2011, 6:30 PM
My Woodsucker is at the shop, so a photo will have to wait until tomorrow. But let me try to tell you what's there...

The filter is a canister. There's a piece of threaded rod that screws up into the housing, goes down through the center of the canister, and out the bottom. There's a washer and a knob that thread on the bottom of the threaded rod to hold the canister up against the housing. The knob is the kind that allows the threaded rod to go all the way through the knob, so the threaded rod doesn't need to be a specific length.

The bag envelopes the canister, and is held to the housing with a big hose clamp.

Here's a tip... Use a few of those coin-shaped magnets to tack the bag in place while you're putting the hose clamp on.

Does that answer your question? If not, what are you struggling with? Maybe I can answer with words, or maybe a specific photo will help you.

Bjorn Rettig
10-31-2011, 8:00 PM
Thank you - your description gave me enough to remember how it goes together. I seem to have misplaced the threaded rod and wing nut. That should be easily replaced. When I looked at it, it looked like the air just blows out. I should be up and running again in no time :)

thank you!

Jamie Buxton
10-31-2011, 8:03 PM
Thank you - your description gave me enough to remember how it goes together. I seem to have misplaced the threaded rod and wing nut. That should be easily replaced. When I looked at it, it looked like the air just blows out. I should be up and running again in no time :)

thank you!

Yeah, the air blows into the bag first, then goes through the filter wall from outside to inside, and then out the top. This direction of air flow is unusual for small-shop cyclones. In most of them, the air blows from inside the filter to outside.

Bjorn Rettig
11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
The sucker sucks again! Thank you!