PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Attachement Issues - Accuris Powersharp

Ed Valasek
10-30-2011, 2:21 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to setup the rotary attachement for my Powersharp 12 and following all the directions in the manual but am having the following issues. I have never operated the rotary before on this machine and this is all new to me......

1.) I have setup my design in Laser Master 8.5 but when I send the job to the laser, the engraving area is way off. Even in the print preview window the image is way off. I have the image aligned and centered at 10" in LM 8 on the Y axis but it is trying to run it at 3.5" and the Rotary attachement doesn't even sit there.

2.) Also, the rotary attachement isn't turning as you would expect it would since you are doing a cylindrical object. It does not move at all.

Anyone have any tips on this or know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ed

Dee Gallo
10-30-2011, 4:29 PM
Ed, this might not be of any help, but is your document set up to be the exact measurements of your cylinder and oriented horizontally? In other words, your design will appear sideways on the screen but print correctly if the rotary is going. It's a simple thing, but it's also the first mistake I made when trying out my rotary.

cheers, dee

Ed Valasek
10-30-2011, 8:37 PM
Hi Dee! Thank you for your reply..... I set the table height in the software to the circumference as the manual stated to do. Is that what you are asking? It is really strange because my graphic I am trying to engrave on a wine glass is located at about 14" or so on the Y axis but the head is going to the 3.5" spot on the Y axis which is close to what the diameter of my glass is. Again though, I thought it was strange that the rotary tool isn't even rotating so even if it did go to the right spot, it would engrave over the same spot. Very weird...... I followed all the video guides and manual for setting up the rotary so I was hoping maybe there was more to it and the manual and video were just not giving me all the right info but not finding what the issue is. This is a brand new rotary tool I purchased from Signwarehouse so not sure what the deal is......

Thanks again,Ed

Kevin Huffman
10-31-2011, 3:46 PM
Hello Ed,

You followed the video and instructions from http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=374 ?

If you would like to, save your Laser Master file and then go into the driver and save a file from there, email them both to me at the Support@Signwarehouse.com email address. I can open your settings in my software and driver to see if I can see something that isn't set correctly.

Let me know.

Ed Valasek
10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Kevin,

Thank you very much for the offer to take a look..... I sent you the files.... I did find that the Y axis for the head itself is moving but not the actual rotary tool.... I was watching the Status window and the Y axis is counting up as it moves but of course the rotary attachment is not moving. Regardless the alignment is still off.... Anyway, maybe that can help shed some light on something at least.... It's almost like the machine is not seeing the Rotary Attachment or something....

Thanks again!

Ed

Ed Valasek
11-03-2011, 8:34 AM
My issue was solved with the help of Kevin! Thanks Kevin........ Here is the link to the instructions that did it for me: http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=597

Thanks again for the replies and help......

Ed

Kevin Huffman
11-03-2011, 9:10 AM
We will go ahead and put this info into the post, just incase something happens to the article on our website.

There is a known issue with Windows Vista and the Accuris (ILS-3NM) laser engraver. When sending a file to the laser, the power/speed setting you set in the driver will not be transferred over to the laser. Every job goes over as 50% power and 50% speed for every color. (In this case, it wasn't transferring the rotary attachment instructions)

There are 3 things you will need to do.
1. You will need turn off Windows Vista's UAC (User Account Control). Click your Vista Orb (start button), in the search box type in UAC. It will show you where this item is located, simply uncheck it to turn it off.
2. You have to be logged in as an Administrator.
3. You need to give all users full read/write control to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers folder. Goto that folder, right click on it. Go to Properties, On the Security tab, select the name you logged onto the computer as. Put a check in Full Control. Click Apply ok.

Reset the computer and try to send a file over to the laser, it should be working now.

Ron Hamilton
11-04-2011, 7:30 PM
Hi Ed, I have the powersharp 14 and on my system I need to set the printer driver for the rotary. Go to the printer tab on windows and select properties for the laser driver, go to page tab and set the check mark for material. This is where you imput the cir of the object to get the page size. Also as a side note make sure the machine is off prior to pluging in the rotary. You can fry it if you do not follow this...........

Ron......

Bruce Dorworth
11-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Hey Ron I noticed that you have Engrave lab. What do you think of it? Is it worth the money?

Bruce

Ron Hamilton
07-18-2012, 8:38 PM
Hey Ron I noticed that you have Engrave lab. What do you think of it? Is it worth the money?

Bruce

Bruce I have it but seldom use it I find CorelDraw x5 works for most everything. I wish the rotary had a tilt function for leveling objects. I have resorted to doorstop wedges and long screws to set on the table.

Also found with the Accuris Powsharp 30 watt that if you run at 100% speed it skips on the engraving. This caused me much trouble when we first got the laser, since then I never go above 90% and have had not trouble.

Ron.....