PDA

View Full Version : Go You GA BULLDAWGS!

Belinda Barfield
10-30-2011, 8:24 AM
I was too tired last night to taunt all you friendly Gator fans!

At the family gathering I did get to watch the first half of the game. Loaded up the car at halftime and listened to the second half while driving home. Watching the game with my family, with no sound, was actually quite entertaining.

FLA scores a field goal.
Aunt Mary: Oh my goodness, he kicked it through the touchdown posts.
Me: Oh my goodness indeed. (rough, fast translation of what I was actually thinking.)

Aunt Mary: Yay, GA scored another touchdown.
Uncle Kerry: No, Mary, that's a replay of one scored previously.
Aunt Mary: Well why do they do that? We've already seen it one time. That's just confusing.
Me: Well, obviously. (the thought filter didn't kick in fast enough that time)

Aunt Selma: Oh look, they scored a touchdown.
Me: Yes, they did.
Aunt Selma: Well why aren't you cheering?
Me: Because that's not the game we're watching.

Daddy: Have I had my nap yet?
Me: No, daddy, you haven't.
Daddy: I didn't think so.
Me: Why don't you go and lay down for a few minutes and get your nap.
Daddy: No, that's okay. Y'all will all leave eventually.

And the background chorus of . . . how long did you smoke the turkey . . . can I get that recipe for peaches and cream . . . are there any of the pecan squares left . . . Monica is a grandmother again . . . No, not Amber, Holli . . . you remember Holli, she lives in Chicago . . . No, not Hoboken, New Jersey, Hoboken, GA. . . No, No, Holli doesn't live in Hoboken . . . when are we getting together again?

The answer to the last question means I have three months of relative sanity (excluding Thanksgiving) until we do it all again. :)

Paul McGaha
10-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Congratulations on the win Belinda. It was an exciting game.

PHM

Gary Hodgin
10-30-2011, 4:33 PM
Congratulations! Looks like the Dawgs will take the east. Unfortunately, they'll face LSU or Bama in the SEC championship game. The only GA team that could beat either one plays in Atlanta on Sundays.

Belinda Barfield
10-30-2011, 7:02 PM
Congratulations! Looks like the Dawgs will take the east. Unfortunately, they'll face LSU or Bama in the SEC championship game. The only GA team that could be either one plays in Atlanta on Sundays.

LOL . . . we'll see (you're probably right)!

Gary Hodgin
10-30-2011, 7:57 PM
I'll be pulling for the dawgs (or SC), which is hard for a vols fan to do. I guess the lesser of two evil.:)