PDA

View Full Version : the wild and wonderful white family of west virginia....

Tim Morton
10-29-2011, 9:06 PM
Must see TV...on showtime VOD.

http://wildandwonderfulwhites.com/

Bruce Darrow
10-29-2011, 9:56 PM
Tim,

As you know, I don't have TV, so I can't take your suggestion. Having lived in WV, I'd watch, though if I could. We all at the big O are going to be a wild white family by tomorrow AM, though - sorry, couldn't resist.

One benefit, though - a family outing for tomorrow has been canceled because of the snow, so I'll be cozily ensconced in front of my Dad's TV tomorrow at 4:15 instead. The lord works in mysterious ways......

See you Monday - have you managed to stay open without me?

Dan Hintz
10-30-2011, 8:08 AM
Looks like it's on NetFlix VOD, as well...

Tim Morton
10-30-2011, 8:20 AM
Tim,

As you know, I don't have TV, so I can't take your suggestion. Having lived in WV, I'd watch, though if I could. We all at the big O are going to be a wild white family by tomorrow AM, though - sorry, couldn't resist.

One benefit, though - a family outing for tomorrow has been canceled because of the snow, so I'll be cozily ensconced in front of my Dad's TV tomorrow at 4:15 instead. The lord works in mysterious ways......

See you Monday - have you managed to stay open without me?

we managed to stay open bruce, but you may need to plan a day of cleaning the shop...unless the boys cleaned it for you this weekend.

Should be a good one...glad you will be watching!! Go Pats!!

brent warner
10-30-2011, 8:39 PM
wonderful. tv shows about hammerhead hillbillies ! :eek:

Bonnie Campbell
10-30-2011, 9:53 PM
We don't have to go to carnivals anymore to see freak shows. Just turn on your TV...:eek:

ray hampton
10-30-2011, 10:19 PM
We don't have to go to carnivals anymore to see freak shows. Just turn on your TV...:eek:

T V come in second compare to the freaks on the internet, the school teachers are the worst

Peter Elliott
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I saw it and to be honest I hated watching more than 10mins of it. To me this was one big showcase of how a family is addicted to drugs, gangs and other crap. Working in DC, I see this all day long.. I wish I could get back 1:30hr of waste of my time... and to be honest, it adds to the bad wrap WV and the people get. I was in Elkins, WV a few weeks ago. Great people, clean place and awesome scenery... Don't waste your time watching this garbage!

Dan Hintz
11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey, Peter, what about that trip you and Mike took to WV to check out a CL "deal" on a grinder (or some other tool)? I thought that was a deliverance banjo-picking background music kinda day...

Peter Elliott
11-01-2011, 9:33 PM
Dan, that was some scary sh!t... plus the fact I was on crutches and the land was nothing but mud. When Mike got a little attitude and almost ran over his chickens, I had 911 ready on the speed dial. If that was in the "Whites neighborhood", we'd be beef jerky by now..

Tim Morton
11-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I used to live in maryland, and spend many awesome weekends in west virginia...awesome state and GREAT people...a truly wonderful life. This documentary just happens to be filmed in WV, but in no way is it, nor was it meant to be a reflection of WV. I watched it and thought it was a reflection of a HUGE part of our deteriorating country. A part that is being destroyed by drugs and poverty...but mostly by a government that is enabling these people to live this way thru entailment programs. This is a reflection on all of us...IMO.

Peter Elliott
11-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Good points Tim... really dead on with the way society can live on gov't programs, etc. Watching this (and I had little choice) was just another day at work.