PDA

View Full Version : Look what ya'll have done!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwight McNutt
10-29-2011, 7:15 PM
Around 2 1/2 years ago I happened upon this forum, can’t remember the reason why (everything’s been sort of hazy since then). Couldn’t resist it been here almost everyday since then, sometimes several times a day. Since then I’ve acquired a Bionic Face Shield, Grizzly chuck and assorted jaws, Doug Thompson ½ bowl gouge, Drozda 3/8 spindle gouge, Sorby Micro Hollowing set, cheap set of tools that included a (skew chisel, roughing gouge, 2 scrapers, 2 parting tools, yesterday the new Delta 46-460 arrived. This slippery slope has got me and I still have not laid a tool on wood yet.

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 7:22 PM
And ................what's your point? :D You have not done much different than most others here....:eek:.....problem, what problem? ;)

Steve Vaughan
10-29-2011, 7:24 PM
What Roger said... It's caution to the wind from here on!

Scott Hackler
10-29-2011, 9:19 PM
The only problem I see is a lack of even more stuff! Common man, your falling behind!!!

John Keeton
10-29-2011, 9:35 PM
Dwight, you just have the stuff you "think you need" - wait 'till you make the list of the stuff "you REALLY need, and need BAD!!!!:D

David DeCristoforo
10-29-2011, 9:38 PM
You should know that the most stringent rule on this forum, coming even before the "no profanity expressed or implied" rule and, yes, even more important than the "stay on topic" rule is that no posts claiming the acquisition of any tool, wood or other woodworking related object such as a huge truck, trailer, log lifter, etc. can be posted without at least one picture in which the said objects can be plainly seen. You will have to write the preceding sentence one hundred times in longhand before you will be allowed further postings.

Dwight McNutt
10-29-2011, 11:07 PM
You should know that the most stringent rule on this forum, coming even before the "no profanity expressed or implied" rule and, yes, even more important than the "stay on topic" rule is that no posts claiming the acquisition of any tool, wood or other woodworking related object such as a huge truck, trailer, log lifter, etc. can be posted without at least one picture in which the said objects can be plainly seen. You will have to write the preceding sentence one hundred times in longhand before you will be allowed further postings.

David, David, David......I just figured how to turn the lathe on today, and now you want me to learn how to post pictures on the same day. Talk about mental overload. Sadly the dirtest shops i've seen on here are spotless compared to mine, need a dumpster and backhoe to clean it out. Pictures will come at a later date.

Bernie Weishapl
10-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Congrats on your dive into the vortex. Funny thing is what people have said about you just think you have everything you need is true.

phil harold
10-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I am with Dave
No pictures means it did not happen...

Peter Lamb
10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I sure hope you enjoy your new lathe. Still love mine two years later.

Alan Trout
10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I can't believe it took you two year's. Evidently we have not been doing a very good job.:D

Congratulations on the new lathe. That is a very nice little machine.

Alan

Jamie Donaldson
10-30-2011, 2:57 PM
You're just starting on lathe number 1, and I'm on number seven, so you have a loooooooong way to go to catch up!!!

Alan Zenreich
10-30-2011, 3:04 PM
Jamie has evidently had a successful lathe breeding program going on. I only have four lathes, and I can't seem to get them to reproduce. From time to time I do fine extra routers around the shop. Maybe that's the larval form.

Jamie Donaldson
10-30-2011, 3:08 PM
Only if they begin to sprout legs Alan!