PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations St. Louis Cardinal Fans

Paul McGaha
10-29-2011, 6:45 AM
Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinal Fans.

That was a thrilling world series.

PHM

Gary Hodgin
10-29-2011, 9:22 AM
I'm a big Cards fan. This is by far the most unexpected WS the cards have won in the 5 they've won in my lifetime. The 1964 series was a surprise too since they were about 6.5 games behind the Phillies with 12 games left in the season and then when on to beat a great Yankees team in the series.

I couldn't watch most of this series. It was too exciting for me. This is the type of thing I like to watch when I don't have a dog in race. Rangers had a very good team and had the thing taken from them in game 6, a very tough loss.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-29-2011, 9:46 AM
I am not a rabid baseball fan but games 6 & 7 might be the best two baseball games I have seen in my lifetime.

Congratulations Cardinals and fans!

Shawn Pixley
10-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Ken,I'll have to differ with you on game six. That was pretty sloppy baseball. When teams get to the WS, I'd like to see good fielding and pristine defense.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Shawn...you are cetainly welcome to disagree.....but I'd suggest that sloppy fielding and less than pristine defense could be caused by stress of the game in which you are playing and the opponents yoru are facing. But for excitement....games 6 & 7 were undoubtedly some of the best I have seen.

A "perfect" game to me would be boring....the kind I most often nap through.......

Jim O'Dell
10-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Game 6 was a great game from a generic fan point of view. It was agonizing for me being a Rangers fan, though.:rolleyes: I had a funny feeling all day Friday that we had our chance, we screwed it up, and that was the only chance we were to have. Unfortunately, I was right. The Cards played a heck of a game, heck of a series. My hat's off to them. They earned number 11! Now to see what free agency holds and which of the teams come up better, and which ones come up worse. But, "That's just how baseball go." Jim.