PDA

View Full Version : The whole process

George Bledsoe
03-02-2005, 4:34 PM
I love having a sawmill it makes wood working so much more interesting to go from tree to furniture. It is fun to go thru the whole process from tree to finished product.
Red Oak log to a set of dressers.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-02-2005, 5:38 PM
That would be really neat, to control the product from start to finish! I am glad that you are enjoying it. If I ever get the room for a sawmill, I will probably "have" to get one :)

Jerry Olexa
03-02-2005, 6:37 PM
Nice job!! I envy you for being able to see/do the whole process from raw log to beautiful furniture. Well done! Enjoy your mill!

Steve Clardy
03-02-2005, 7:42 PM
I miss my Woodmizer. I had a LT-30 for ten years. It got to sitting a lot, and my brother-in-law offered me too much money to turn down.

Jim Becker
03-02-2005, 7:55 PM
I can appreciate your feeling. Although I don't have my own mill and likely never will, I've been working with poplar and walnut from off our property for a few years now after having a bunch of trees milled after they came down to support a new septic field. It very nice to contemplate a piece of furniture in the house that has that kind of connection to the property said house sits on!

Corvin Alstot
03-02-2005, 8:24 PM
I do not forsee ever buying a sawmill, but I can see that it what make the
process more rewarding. In a perfect world I would have you as my neighbor.

Post a few pictures of that sawmill making some boards if you get the chance.

lou sansone
03-02-2005, 9:31 PM
hey george

Dito ... nice norwood mill...I have the same mill... works great.
lou