PDA

View Full Version : Bosch router table plate and Triton

Matthew Sherman
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I bought a Bosch RA1181 router table. I also picked up a Triton MOF001. The base plate does not fit so I need to pick up another and didn't think it would be that big of deal. Well it seems the Bosch plate is a weird size... 9" X 11-3/8". I was looking at the Benchdog plate and it is 8-1/4" X 11-3/4". Too small :(. Is there any other aluminum plates that would work or do I need to go for a lexan or phenolic plate?

Todd Davidson
10-29-2011, 11:12 AM
I ran into a similar situation with my Bosch router table. The only after market plate I could find was from Sears/Craftsman - Bosch made an identical Craftsman badged router table for Sears. It's, unfortunately, not aluminum like the original - it's poly-carbonate (model # 9-26479) and undrilled (and surprisingly made in the USA). It's a discontinued item, but you may be able to find one at your local Sears. I actually picked up two (knowing how Sears loves to discontinue items) so, if you can't find one let me know and I'll part with one of mine.

Matthew Sherman
10-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I am looking for that part now... I have found some 9x12. If I were to get one of these is cutting one down if it isn't aluminum easy? Would that work?

Think I maybe found it.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/29LCN1229/0009/171?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=29LCN1229

Buck Williams
10-30-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm not familiar with the Bosch router table and plate that you have. I would think that you could drill the plate you have and adapt it to your Triton. I've done that with phenolic and lexan plates, and aluminum too is easy to drill and countersink. Figure out how you want to orient the new router under the table, remove the router base plate on your Triton, attach it to the table's router plate with carpet tape and drill. Multiple mounting holes in a base plate present no real problem. Forgive me if, I've overstated the obvious, like I said I'm not familiar with the Bosch plate, maybe it can't be adapted to the Triton router.

Matthew Sherman
11-03-2011, 9:42 AM
Good news. After going back and checking again I was able to use the existing base plate and drill holes to mount the Triton. When I first attempted this I couldn't seem to find a spot where existing holes didn't interfere. I reused one hole in the plate and drilled three holes for the other mount spots. I used a 1/4" bit for the hole and then a 1/2" for the countersink. It worked out very well. The only issue I ran in to was the 1/2" hole for the crank. I initially had this towards the back, but found out the crank ran in to the fence. I redrilled it in the front and turned the router.