PDA

View Full Version : Burrrrrr...........It is snowing here ....now with pics

Roger Chandler
10-28-2011, 9:13 PM
It is actually snowing here in my neck of the woods this evening.........can you believe that! I was going to spend some time in the shop [a.k.a. studio :rolleyes:] this evening..........I might just forget it for this evening!

Gary Max
10-28-2011, 9:18 PM
I have been working all week trying to get the shop cleaned and moved around so I can fire up the woodburner. We had snow flying here also today.

Bernie Weishapl
10-28-2011, 9:21 PM
Got the stove fired up and ready to roll as we had snow already.

Marty Eargle
10-28-2011, 9:22 PM
An ice cold draft was blowing through my shop tonight. No snow here in the near future, but I could tell winter was here when I got out of bed this morning and my joints played me a tune.

Stupid cold weather.

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-28-2011, 9:32 PM
We had a light dusting of snow/ice on the ground and cars this morning. We have also had a few nights under 32 so far. Supposed to have a noreaster rolling in tomorrow afternoon - probably no snow for us but some areas a little west of us might get hit. Thankfully my shop is just a walk down the stairs to the basement.

charlie knighton
10-28-2011, 9:37 PM
we were suppose to have the race this weekend, best rain we have had this year, steady, soaking rain, but no snow yet here in the footheels

John Keeton
10-28-2011, 9:42 PM
Roger, must be a shocker after just being to the beach!! Nothing here, yet, but several spots in KY had some light snow - including Gary, sounds like!

Rich Aldrich
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Nothing here in the Great White North. We had about 1" of hail in Escanaba when I got to work this morning. That was real strange. I just ran into it a few blocks from the office.

Roger Chandler
10-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Right now the ground is covered white, and the tree limbs on the white pines in the back are starting to droop down from the snow piling on............

David Reed
10-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Just checked in as I am away from home and you guys make me homesick here on the beach in Hawaii. But alas, not a shop or tool in sight. Back at it soon and my mind haas been active with many plans after I return.

Roger Chandler
10-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Just checked in as I am away from home and you guys make me homesick here on the beach in Hawaii. But alas, not a shop or tool in sight. Back at it soon and my mind haas been active with many plans after I return.

Hey, its like Dorothy said..........."there's no place like home!" After 2 days at the beach, I was ready to come home and get back to work!

Greg Just
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Boy there sure is some wierd weather going around. Here in the Twin Cities, where you would expect flurries, we had a beautiful fall day today, about 52. Who would think there would be snow in Kentucky before Minneapolis? Go figure!

Ryan Baker
10-28-2011, 11:33 PM
We had a good layer of frost on everything this morning, but no snow yet. Plenty of rain though.

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 7:09 AM
Up this morning at about 6:15 to let the dogs out..........about 3 inches on the ground so far...........looks like it is still coming down, only maybe changing over to freezing rain...........33 degrees as I type this.

John Keeton
10-29-2011, 7:23 AM
Just saw the weather report and expectations of up to a foot of snow for parts of New England - look out Baxter!!!!

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 7:37 AM
Just saw the weather report and expectations of up to a foot of snow for parts of New England - look out Baxter!!!!

Is he in Maine, or in Delaware this weekend?

Richard Jones
10-29-2011, 7:41 AM
Roger,

No snow here in the suburbs of beautiful, downtown Deatonville, VA, but it is 39d and raining. Working on projects for an upcoming show in Cary, NC, and finishing up items for a benefit auction for a cancer victim.

Due to the rain, I won't feel guilty about not going outside today and doing yard work (not that I was likely to anyway!!)

Rich

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 7:46 AM
My wife just went out the back door, and it has changed back over to snow and coming down pretty hard.........go figure! I just looked and the temps are dropping as well........down to 32 degrees now! She wanted to get pics of the first snow!

This is a pic from my deck on the first two, and from the front door.......the house across the street has a bradford pear that has come down because of the snow.....it was standing last night.......other pics are across the street also and my driveway.

John Keeton
10-29-2011, 8:27 AM
And......I didn't notice any insulation in that "studio"!!!

Greg Just
10-29-2011, 8:29 AM
WOW - and to think it is only October 29th! That bradford pear looks like a turning opportunity!

charlie knighton
10-29-2011, 8:30 AM
has a bradford pear that has come down because of the snow.

the weatherman said there will be a lot of broken limbs because the leaves are still on in most cases, more places for the snow to cling, usually the bradford pear break around here in spring wind

Allan Ferguson
10-29-2011, 8:39 AM
That snow is probably wet and heavy. That must have been a pretty nice sized tree. Temps have been down to 18 here, no snow.

kevin nee
10-29-2011, 8:40 AM
I have a rule. No heat until November first we are expecting a foot tonight.
Going to fill the propane today. It is a stupid rule but I stick to it.

Nate Davey
10-29-2011, 8:50 AM
Dear Roger, Please keep the snow up there. Thanks, Nate

charlie knighton
10-29-2011, 9:12 AM
if Roger keeps the snow, and Nate if you keep the ice, we just want the right amount of rain, thanks

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 9:41 AM
And......I didn't notice any insulation in that "studio"!!!

You are correct John...........zero insulation.............that is something that would involve a lot because of the way I have so many things stored in the space in the ceiling including my ductwork for the dust collector.........some boards, some extra siding pieces for when we put siding on the house, etc, etc, etc.........no where else to store some of this.

John Keeton
10-29-2011, 9:42 AM
....including our turkeys!!! We had three toms (amongst about 15 hens) all in full strut this morning!! They think it is Spring Strut! Blame it on the weather!

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 9:46 AM
....including our turkeys!!! We had three toms (amongst about 15 hens) all in full strut this morning!! They think it is Spring Strut! Blame it on the weather!

Keeton..........some folks just step into good fortune without even trying! You must lead a charmed life! That gets my blood-a-pumpin' more than my mornin' coffee! :D That one in strut has a pretty nice beard..........that would look good on a plaque with the feathers fanned out!

David DeCristoforo
10-29-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm disappointed... There's a downed tree right across the street from you and a pear tree no less, and all you guys can talk about is snow and turkeys? Scheech...

Russell Neyman
10-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Colby, Washington.

Donny Lawson
10-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Roger, you need to grab some of that Bradford pear if you can. It turns great. No snow in Georgia yet. Just a small frost or two.

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 10:28 AM
My weekend is just too busy to be able to get to this one............I have some pear on hand anyway........the people who live in this house are new in the neighborhood, and I do not know them yet............might be an opportunity for next week ......I'll have to introduce myself. ;)

Ralph Lindberg
10-29-2011, 11:48 AM
It should be noted that Russell's photo is NOT the current conditions. It rained yesterday, it may rain today (partly sunny right now, 47degrees and 88 percent) and it certainly will rain tomorrow.
We don't really get that much total rain-fall, but it rains, lightly for days and weeks and months on end.

Ken Mutch
10-29-2011, 1:12 PM
That is funny. No snow here, in fact the heat waves are just starting. Today topped 32 degrees C.....somewhere about 90 degrees on that "funny old system". :cool: You are all welcome to come turn here in South Africa!
Cheers,
Ken

ray hampton
10-29-2011, 2:55 PM
the weather report that the state of Penn. were getting a inch of snow a minute, that amount of snow fall will cause a WHITE-OUT

Steve Kubien
10-29-2011, 8:08 PM
Holy smokes, you Americans aren't living right. Come to Canada (I'm just outside Toronto). I was in a t-shirt earlier today.

brian watts
10-29-2011, 8:33 PM

are we going to hunt them on open day?? HEHE

Steve Vaughan
10-29-2011, 8:53 PM
Roger, I'm thinking it's high time to meet the neighbors. Good neighbors always ask if they can help remove a tree!:D

Roger Chandler
10-29-2011, 8:55 PM
Roger, I'm thinking it's high time to meet the neighbors. Good neighbors always ask if they can help remove a tree!:D

Steve,

They got home today and cut it all up to be hauled off..........turns out there was not anything of substantial enough size to mess with............unless one likes turning a lot of bradford pear mushrooms! ;)

Faust M. Ruggiero
10-29-2011, 9:50 PM
We're in Eastern PA at the foot of the Pocono Mountains. It's been snowing a really wet heavy snow all day and the trees are taking a beating. My Norway Maple and Silver Maples lost a lot of branches under the weight of the snow. It seems to be getting breezy and hopefully that may blow some of the snow off the branches. I like winter and the first snow is always211447211448 the prettiest but this one had some "nasty" in it. I took the first picture right after the snow began to accumulate and the second a few hours later. I believe I have some clean up chores next weekend.
faust

ray hampton
10-29-2011, 10:49 PM
this is a white Halloween if the snow do not melt