PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Pens

Bobby McCarley
10-28-2011, 7:59 PM
Some pen for the Freedom Pen Project. It's been awhile since I've turned any, but I trying to get back into it. Hopefully these will be well received.

Nate Davey
10-28-2011, 8:34 PM
Speaking as a currently serving soldier, they will be very well received. It is not lost on us that you took your time and effort to make something for us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Beautiful pens.

Greg Just
10-28-2011, 8:41 PM
Nice job with the pens Bobby. I'm sure they will be well received by the soldiers.

Jim Burr
10-28-2011, 9:26 PM
I salute you Bobby! Having served and still in the service of our country, you have made a difference in a lot of lives, my son is a Marine and I'm a retired Lt Cmdr, active on DMAT. All though many here have no use for pens, some use them as a link to home and family. I sent off my 20 and gave kits and blanks to a high school wood shop in Ohio that I've supported for a few years. Kinda funny that the owner of SMC support pens but others don't??? God bless sir!! You do make a difference!

Bernie Weishapl
10-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Good looking pens for a great cause.

Keith Outten
10-29-2011, 9:15 AM
Jackie is still shipping pens to the Middle East, we probably average about 100 per month these days.
I am still turning pens and I keep a hundred pen blanks hanging on my shop wall so I can turn a couple every now and then. I will once again this year be turning pens all day on Veterans Day, I miss the Turn-a-thons we used to have each year but I haven't missed a Veterans Day yet turning pens in my shop.

I hope that the number of pen turners will increase this year so we can send a large shipment once again for the holidays.