PDA

View Full Version : Wormy chestnut

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 3:52 PM
there was a thread that was started a few weeks ago about wormy chestnut, and i told you guys i'd show you some of my work with it,,,,,well here is a small box, i call it a man's jewlery box, it/s made from wormy chestnut , the bottom is curly maple, and the spline joints and decorative top and handle are made from wenge, a great mixture of woods.......all have a good one

Mike Cutler
03-02-2005, 4:45 PM
That's a really nice looking jewlery box. The wenge really goes well with the wormy chestnut. Nice job and thanks for sharing it with us. ;)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-02-2005, 5:39 PM
I like wormy woods, used in the right places. You have definately put them to good use! Great job :)

Gale Castner
03-02-2005, 9:31 PM
Very nice job, Chris. I really like your choice of woods and your execution.

I too remember the recent thread about Wormy Chestnut. What a wood! I've made a few things from some WC that came from an old barn, resawn beams from southern part of this county. I made a cabinet about a year ago for my Bride from WC...now she's talking about a table to go with it. I'd really like to find some more....that I can afford. I will in time.
I'm going to try to attach a couple of photo's of above mentioned cabinet...haven't done this before, so who knows.

Gale Castner
03-02-2005, 9:36 PM
OK, I don't seem to know how to attach photo's. Would appreciate any tips, please understand I have a lot of trouble spelling COMPUTER.

Thanks in advance.
Gale Castner

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 11:36 PM
gale pm me and i will try to help......good luck ...took me a while to figure it out my-self

Herb Blair
03-03-2005, 4:47 AM
Very nice Box. Great use of materials! I would like to use chestnut on something. Haven't had a chance to work it yet.

Gale Castner
03-03-2005, 7:37 AM
Chris, I'm going to try the pic attachment thingy...one mo time.

Karl Laustrup
03-03-2005, 8:29 AM
Gale, the pics came through fine. And that cabinet is stunning. :)

Chris, the jewelry box is beautiful. The contrasts in wood are great also.:)

I think I might borrow the idea, as I just use a cheap plastic tray to keep my watches etc. and it would be nice to have them covered.

christopher webb
03-04-2005, 3:25 PM
thats a good thing i think when someone wants to share your ideas and something like yours.......thank you and i hope you have as much fun maiking yours as i did mine

Bob Stegemann
03-04-2005, 9:02 PM
Great job on the jewelry box. I haven't worked with Chestnut yet but really like its look. Looking forward to trying something with it. I think that I have a source once I get a chance to get there.